Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Currently Strongest Possible Team
Isn't the multi colored inferno volcano pretty hard? I believe the final enemy has over 4 million health deals 40k damage every turn. I can't see ever beating him, even with double Leondias.
(10-26-2015, 10:55 PM)Ghost979 Wrote:  Isn't the multi colored inferno volcano pretty hard?  I believe the final enemy has over 4 million health deals 40k damage every turn.  I can't see ever beating him, even with double Leondias.

A max team with two Leonidas should be able to drop his dmg by about 90% (4k dmg). At this point, youre fighting the long haul. You should be able to dish a minimum of 30k dmg per turn (if you strike each turn with all 6). Its no cake walk, but easier with a fully leveled Legendary team.
Thanks for the advice. I am still way off from getting enough Medals. I am in Titanium I and have 1478 medals. I have a ways to go to even get him.
(10-26-2015, 06:44 PM)QAMG Wrote:  Thanks both for the sugestions. First bleser for the PvP pre-match strategy, sounds really good for more hardcore players; we'll keep it in mind for future upgrades.

As for Thali, there are still a lot of tactics for a hard Boss. You may use the Leonidas (defense) approach, or the Limtel+Minotaur one (this one was nerfed with the 'rage' of Bosses). The double Erigs with Lust seems great but really time consuming and you should use the Rare Machine a lot and get lucky. The most popular one now is the reward for puzzle skills/luck as the double multipliers (pirates, medusa, cyclops and hydra) can bust a boss in a good combo.

As for the rising defense strat, we'll figure a way to reduce that 93% and get it near 70%. If it's either a formula or Active Skill modification I'll let you know.

Just be careful because the 90% is assuming someone has a team of all legendary 6 star fighters and assuming they are all maxed out at level 99. Both these circumstances are extremely rare. I love it how it is and I don't even have the Leonidas yet. Even if I did, I would average about a 6000 base defense X 4 = 24000. I believe this is much more realistic than these dream teams talked about. Even at a 24000 defense, I would be lucky to get through most levels in the final multi color infernal volcano. If the stats or formulas are reduced, then it becomes impossible because then a 70% defense is with the perfect dream team. This is highly unlikely that many, if any players have. To balance the PvP, then maybe add amulets or something for the defenders. I need the high defense in order to finally get through the multi color infernal volcano and am still 4000 medal short of getting Leonidas.
(10-27-2015, 12:42 AM)Ghost979 Wrote:  
(10-26-2015, 06:44 PM)QAMG Wrote:  Thanks both for the sugestions. First bleser for the PvP pre-match strategy, sounds really good for more hardcore players; we'll keep it in mind for future upgrades.

As for Thali, there are still a lot of tactics for a hard Boss. You may use the Leonidas (defense) approach, or the Limtel+Minotaur one (this one was nerfed with the 'rage' of Bosses). The double Erigs with Lust seems great but really time consuming and you should use the Rare Machine a lot and get lucky. The most popular one now is the reward for puzzle skills/luck as the double multipliers (pirates, medusa, cyclops and hydra) can bust a boss in a good combo.

As for the rising defense strat, we'll figure a way to reduce that 93% and get it near 70%. If it's either a formula or Active Skill modification I'll let you know.

Just be careful because the 90% is assuming someone has a team of all legendary 6 star fighters and assuming they are all maxed out at level 99.  Both these circumstances are extremely rare.  I love it how it is and I don't even have the Leonidas yet.  Even if I did, I would average about a 6000 base defense X 4 = 24000.  I believe this is much more realistic than these dream teams talked about.  Even at a 24000 defense, I would be lucky to get through most levels in the final multi color infernal volcano.  If the stats or formulas are reduced, then it becomes impossible because then a 70% defense is with the perfect dream team.  This is highly unlikely that many, if any players have.  To balance the PvP, then maybe add amulets or something for the defenders.  I need the high defense in order to finally get through the multi color infernal volcano and am still 4000 medal short of getting Leonidas.

Not exactly. Of course you want a steady balance for people that are still progressing but you must consider endgame players and as the season progresses, the more you will have. Also, Leonidas is on the cheap side of pvp in his current state. Im at 4k medals right now and have been jumping back and forth between titanium 3 and 2--my Defenders unfortunately suck due to lack of good leveling material. But I have been seeing more and more Leos in friends list and in pvp. I know its a grind, but its a fairly lucrative grind.

Also, 2x Defense is not exclusive to Leonidas only. The golems or Voltmatrons (whatever they are called) also have 2x defense and attack dmg but its exclusive to yellow teams only. To me, its very powerful for three main reasons: 1) i have a very solid yellow lineup and 2) Golems are obtainable in the Mech Gate making them progressively more common 3) yellows have no weakness vs an enemy. And with Leo--which will give me my fifth yellow Legendary--Ill be dealing GREAT dmg thats easily obtainable as long as I have my gem converter.

Now granted, rng was on my side when i got these fighters. BUT you have to remember that more and more people will reach the endgame and a balance must be obtained for them which is where we are focusing. sometimes its easier to balance starting at the end and working backwards.

Another one of My suggestions for defense is to possibly split the formula into two: from 0%-45% keep the regression as is. From 45% and onward, increase rate of dropoff. So that 36k defense sits at 75% respectively thus taking more to reach a 90%. Doing this can allow for more room to build defense teams without them overpowering in situations ESPECIALLY with multipliers.

Example: Captain Ability- Combos now apply to Defence.
Land a 200% combo with a 2x defence...this is the same as saying 6x defense BUT heres the catch: because of increased dropoff, this may only apply 90% defense. But that is op none the less.

Lastly, dont forget that enemies can still be rebalanced if necessary.
I understand, and am level 129 with 9 six star legendries (3 to upgrade this week) and 3 different dragons, all monks to convert gems, all snipers and all healers. All are upgraded to highest star level, but level is not maxed on any yet. The problem is I'm stuck at 150 and can't go any further. So now it's like game over because I can't move on. A challenge is nice, but impossibility will lead to people leaving the game. I just want a game where I can play and not die every single time I try. I am a solid player with a solid team, but I lack the Leonidas to get me through. If he gets nerfed, then I'm like why even try when all I'm going to do is die.

Don't get me wrong I really like the game, but have been sticking to PvP and the other islands. I did hear they are opening up a new island which is great if you can get past the volcano, which in its current state I can't.
(10-27-2015, 02:19 AM)Ghost979 Wrote:  I understand, and am level 129 with 9 six star legendries (3 to upgrade this week) and 3 different dragons, all monks to convert gems, all snipers and all healers.  All are upgraded to highest star level, but level is not maxed on any yet.  The problem is I'm stuck at 150 and can't go any further.  So now it's like game over because I can't move on.  A challenge is nice, but impossibility will lead to people leaving the game.  I just want a game where I can play and not die every single time I try.  I am a solid player with a solid team, but I lack the Leonidas to get me through.  If he gets nerfed, then I'm like why even try when all I'm going to do is die.

Don't get me wrong I really like the game, but have been sticking to PvP and the other islands.  I did hear they are opening up a new island which is great if you can get past the volcano, which in its current state I can't.

Oh I completely agree with the difficulty. I have mentioned that it's a bit steep. But because of this immense amount of damage output, it creates a reliance on Defense in order to survive or dealing a 1 hit KO blow. I know the developers are working on some balances and I could see damages being reduced a little bit.

Going back to the Defense, it is a bit too strong on both the Defender's side and the players in it's current state. I do believe the formula needs tweaks. But the reason I'm going after the curve instead of the player's abilities is because the curve is what set's the standard for abilities you can apply. Right now, there is not a lot of room for the type of multipliers or abilities you can apply to Defense without them breaking it. The way I look at it is allow 0% - 75% dmg reduction be allowed by multipliers from abilities that require no skill or effort--such as the golem or Leonidas. Anything beyond 75% could be obtained through a bit more risk vs reward type of abilities.

It's kind of the same with damage and it's why I go after Lust--even though I use her for over half my battles lol. Her damage output requires too little risk to obtain such high numbers. That's why I've suggested a new ability that can still offer the same damage outputs but require some skill to obtain.
(10-27-2015, 03:18 AM)bleser Wrote:  
(10-27-2015, 02:19 AM)Ghost979 Wrote:  I understand, and am level 129 with 9 six star legendries (3 to upgrade this week) and 3 different dragons, all monks to convert gems, all snipers and all healers.  All are upgraded to highest star level, but level is not maxed on any yet.  The problem is I'm stuck at 150 and can't go any further.  So now it's like game over because I can't move on.  A challenge is nice, but impossibility will lead to people leaving the game.  I just want a game where I can play and not die every single time I try.  I am a solid player with a solid team, but I lack the Leonidas to get me through.  If he gets nerfed, then I'm like why even try when all I'm going to do is die.

Don't get me wrong I really like the game, but have been sticking to PvP and the other islands.  I did hear they are opening up a new island which is great if you can get past the volcano, which in its current state I can't.

Oh I completely agree with the difficulty.  I have mentioned that it's a bit steep.  But because of this immense amount of damage output, it creates a reliance on Defense in order to survive or dealing a 1 hit KO blow.  I know the developers are working on some balances and I could see damages being reduced a little bit.

Going back to the Defense, it is a bit too strong on both the Defender's side and the players in it's current state.  I do believe the formula needs tweaks.  But the reason I'm going after the curve instead of the player's abilities is because the curve is what set's the standard for abilities you can apply.  Right now, there is not a lot of room for the type of multipliers or abilities you can apply to Defense without them breaking it.  The way I look at it is allow 0% - 75% dmg reduction be allowed by multipliers from abilities that require no skill or effort--such as the golem or Leonidas.  Anything beyond 75% could be obtained through a bit more risk vs reward type of abilities.

It's kind of the same with damage and it's why I go after Lust--even though I use her for over half my battles lol.  Her damage output requires too little risk to obtain such high numbers.  That's why I've suggested a new ability that can still offer the same damage outputs but require some skill to obtain.

Haha, thanks for all your help. I did just acquire the Void Master. I did a test run with him (level 35) as captain, greed, the skeleton king, the purple gem changer and healer along with a friends Leonidas on my battleground which features a 6 star kraken attacking every turn dealing over 22000 damage while having over 700000 health. I lasted longer than normal, but still he had over 500000 health left, lol!
(10-26-2015, 10:42 PM)bleser Wrote:  Im gonna add to your idea Thali.  What you are suggesting is pretty much Endgame events with special perks which I really like.  These could be considered the "Raids" of Skydoms

We pretty much have similar cases with material farming and their defense stat as we speak but as Thali mentions, put in a certain arena that has some unique mechanics that only extreme end-game players can handle with some great rewards if obtained.

Example:  enemies heal full health after every turn thus requiring the player to kill them in one hit in order to move on to the next wave.  Or maybe a Raid that does not allow the player to use any energy.  Maybe one that is timed by freezing one of the players' gems at the end of each turn and can never be used or destroyed for the rest of the round---this one would be very interesting!!!!

Interesting idea!
I like it!

Ghost979 Wrote:Haha, thanks for all your help. I did just acquire the Void Master. I did a test run with him (level 35) as captain, greed, the skeleton king, the purple gem changer and healer along with a friends Leonidas on my battleground which features a 6 star kraken attacking every turn dealing over 22000 damage while having over 700000 health. I lasted longer than normal, but still he had over 500000 health left, lol!

That's why I suggested that active skills should be customizable. If you have a Medusa, you can stun these enemies, and the fight will become much easier.

Another possibility is that you can exchange fighters from the rare machine. For example, when you spend about 10 diamonds, you could change one of your legendaries that you don't need to a Medusa. The level and evolution stage should stay the same.

What do you think about that?
And what do you think about customizable active skills?
It would give all players equal chances to build a strong team.
(10-27-2015, 03:38 AM)Ghost979 Wrote:  
(10-27-2015, 03:18 AM)bleser Wrote:  

Oh I completely agree with the difficulty.  I have mentioned that it's a bit steep.  But because of this immense amount of damage output, it creates a reliance on Defense in order to survive or dealing a 1 hit KO blow.  I know the developers are working on some balances and I could see damages being reduced a little bit.

Going back to the Defense, it is a bit too strong on both the Defender's side and the players in it's current state.  I do believe the formula needs tweaks.  But the reason I'm going after the curve instead of the player's abilities is because the curve is what set's the standard for abilities you can apply.  Right now, there is not a lot of room for the type of multipliers or abilities you can apply to Defense without them breaking it.  The way I look at it is allow 0% - 75% dmg reduction be allowed by multipliers from abilities that require no skill or effort--such as the golem or Leonidas.  Anything beyond 75% could be obtained through a bit more risk vs reward type of abilities.

It's kind of the same with damage and it's why I go after Lust--even though I use her for over half my battles lol.  Her damage output requires too little risk to obtain such high numbers.  That's why I've suggested a new ability that can still offer the same damage outputs but require some skill to obtain.

Haha, thanks for all your help.  I did just acquire the Void Master.  I did a test run with him (level 35) as captain, greed, the skeleton king, the purple gem changer and healer along with a friends Leonidas on my battleground which features a 6 star kraken attacking every turn dealing over 22000 damage while having over 700000 health.  I lasted longer than normal, but still he had over 500000 health left, lol!

Youll have to check out Volcano again. The latest patch notes said they nerfed it down a little. Not sure in what ways though.