Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Inactive Clan Captain
Hello, all! Quinn here! The Clan in which I am currently a member has a captain/founder who has been inactive for quite some time now (15 days today). Several of our members have left the Clan, but we are unable to accept new members since our captain in inactive. I was wondering what could be done in this situation. Is there any way we could appoint a new captain temporarily until our founder returns? A Clan Co-captain kind of thing, or Clan Steward?

Thanks!
I vote for that. Dual Captains are so much better than 1 Captain and a Vice Captain.
If posted in this color, it is Zayla.
You're your own Angel & Devil. Always know that you control your Destiny, nobody else.
If posted in this colour, it is Ritchie
It has now been 37 days since our Clan Leader/Founder has logged into in the game. I'm not sure if they are coming back, haha

Is there anything we can do to maintain our Clan without our Leader?
Is your Captain still MIA? If so, I hope one day we have the ability to keep our Clans, but inactive Captains are to be "demoted" until they return. More than 100 Days without the Captain logging in, I will personally want to do something in there. "demote" if over 50 days, "remove" if over 100 days. Sounds good?
If posted in this color, it is Zayla.
You're your own Angel & Devil. Always know that you control your Destiny, nobody else.
If posted in this colour, it is Ritchie
I don't think that the Leader (or anyone in the Clan) should be demoted or punished for inactivity - though I fully understand "cleaning" a Clan of inactive members to replace them more active players. Life happens. Sometimes you just have to take time away to take care of things.

My concern is that an inactive Clan Captain can make the entire Clan essentially shut down - basic Clan members are helpless without their Founder/Leader & cannot accept new members. There is no way to maintain or grow the Clan without a Captain, & right now, the Clan in which I am a member has no Captain (because they are inactive). We have lost members & have no way to replace them! Our Leader has been inactive for over 40 days now...

I propose some way to shift the Clan Leader responsibilities to another Clan member in the case that the Founder becomes inactive or quits. This way the Clan can continue to grow & accept new members. Either make it possible for two players to act as co-Captains of the Clan, or appoint a member as a temporary Captain (or even permanently) when the Founder becomes inactive. When a Leader becomes severely inactive or quits the game, allow the other members to appoint a new Leader.

I don't want to leave our Clan yet, but if there is nothing that can be done for us members to maintain our Clan & accept new Members to fill our empty space, then we will all have to abandon the Clan altogether - either start a new one (no! I like my Diamonds) or try to join another Clan.

I hope we can address this & sort the issue out, one way or another.
I'd like to see the ability to shift leadership of clans as well. I'm the member of a very vital and active level 7 clan. The only inactive member is the founder who we haven't seen in weeks. I don't mind spending the diamonds to start a new clan but none of us want to lose the progress we've made in leveling. also dispersing then reforming is akward as the UI doesn't give us much leeway to talk unless they pass out their Id number, get added as a friend, and then get sent the new clan ID to request.
(03-18-2016, 06:37 AM)PlatinumZayla Wrote:  Is your Captain still MIA? If so, I hope one day we have the ability to keep our Clans, but inactive Captains are to be "demoted" until they return. More than 100 Days without the Captain logging in, I will personally want to do something in there. "demote" if over 50 days, "remove" if over 100 days. Sounds good?

No because members can leave if thye so decide byt the clan owner spent diamonds to make the clan
But the clan members are responsible for leveling and being a part of a successful social group. We can leave yes. But there is no simple way to regroup with the friends we have made. The clan system is already luck of the draw and I would happily pay 10 diamonds to the leader + 10 to the game to recover a vital piece of our clan so we can continue to function.
How about allowing the next highest level AND/OR most active member to be a Co-Captain clan leader if our clan leader remains inactive over a certain period of time. ALSO, there will be no demotion of any sort so the clan leader will always remain as the leader. However, should the Co-Captain clan leader be inactive for any reason, the title of "co-captain" should be passed to the next player who fit the bill of [highest level & activeness].

I say if a clan leader is inactive for over 2 weeks, which coincides with the 2-weeks time we get PVP rewards, then the effect of Co-captain clan leader should take in effect.
(04-13-2016, 04:53 PM)thunder99 Wrote:  How about allowing the next highest level AND/OR most active member to be a Co-Captain clan leader if our clan leader remains inactive over a certain period of time. ALSO, there will be no demotion of any sort so the clan leader will always remain as the leader. However, should the Co-Captain clan leader be inactive for any reason, the title of "co-captain" should be passed to the next player who fit the bill of [highest level & activeness].

That's a pretty good idea, Thunder! Having the position of Co-Captain defer to a Clan Member that "fits-the-bill" for the requirements, rather than a Clan appointing one, could work nicely. Clans appointing a Co-Captain could get a little messy. But if one is appointed based on a specific set of requirements, it takes the work out of voting for one or submitting a request/ticket. The simplest solution is often the best solution.

& If the Captain/Leader does return, they can again take up the leadership of the Clan. & a Co-Captain cannot dismiss a the Captain from the Clan while they are away - even if they have been missing for more than 70+ days.