Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydra (multiplyer) Captain skill
In PvP I've recently noticed being hit by players with all purple teams and double hydra captains. This makes no sense to me, as hydra is a multiplyer and the multiplyers I've been working with only multiply when active fighter combos are made. And even if the multiplyer only "counts" purple combos, how do you manage to get 5+ unique combos in one colour? If you use a active skill to replace certain colours you get bigger blocks of bricks, a 3 or a 15 brick block still only counts as 1 block. If you dont replace bricks, getting 5 unique combos only purple also seems unlikely.

But as players are using this combo (and winning) I assume Hydra therefor works differently than other multiplyer figthers. Of course any opponent can be beaten if you have a 10x strike. So how come Hydra works differently and how does (s)he work?
Cheers from Sweden

- Karin

User id: 124.798.360
(04-12-2016, 11:40 AM)superkarin Wrote:  In PvP I've recently noticed being hit by players with all purple teams and double hydra captains. This makes no sense to me, as hydra is a multiplyer and the multiplyers I've been working with only multiply when active fighter combos are made. And even if the multiplyer only "counts" purple combos, how do you manage to get 5+ unique combos in one colour? If you use a active skill to replace certain colours you get bigger blocks of bricks, a 3 or a 15 brick block still only counts as 1 block. If you dont replace bricks, getting 5 unique combos only purple also seems unlikely.

But as players are using this combo (and winning) I assume Hydra therefor works differently than other multiplyer figthers. Of course any opponent can be beaten if you have a 10x strike. So how come Hydra works differently and how does (s)he work?

Double Hydra's multiplier is 5× on top of 5×, which is essentially 25× attack.
For purple only combos, you need to occupy a minimum of 15 spaces (3×5). Hel is really helpful for "KILLER" setups.
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
When skill requires "combo", it doesn't matter if lines used in the combo are used to attack as well. You can line each of the colors (one twice) and energy for a combo of 7 and that would give the multiplier even if you lined purples only once.
What you described works with skills that say " xN when colors attack", like those of Cyclop, Medusa and humanoid beasts.
GG WP NO RE.
Even mono color teams have to work with extra gem colors. Say sylph converts all blue and red to purple. This still leaves energy, yellow and green blocks to break up purples and use in and of themselves to make a few combos. They aren't required to generate attack to count in the combo multiplier for hydra, scyleia, aella or any multiplier skill unless it specifically says so.

The skill to break up converted gems into individual sets is what makes the natives captain skill possible and potentially very powerful but it's not always easy. Sometimes your board gets clogged with the leftovers and you lose a turn to clearing out all the junk bricks. The trade off of mono teams is their complete energy dependence to gain their high attack power.