Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvP'ing Legendaries
Hello, all! I would like to survey the community about sending Legendary Fighters to the PvP Arena. I'm currently facing a decision on whether or not to PvP a few Legendaries that I have, & I would like some advice. Perhaps others are facing this same decision (or will face it in the future) & this thread will help them as well.

So, as I have said above, I have some Legendary Fighters that I plan to send to my PvP Battleground - I've already decided to use them in PvP, that decision is already made. The decision I have to make, however, is whether or not I should Evolve them first.

Right now I have a lot of Fighters that I need to level-up & Evolve (or Evolve & then level-up), Fighters that I need to focus on first, before I worry about PvP. But the Fighters I have that I will send to PvP are taking up valuable space in my vault, space that I could be using for Evo Materials & Frogs. But here's the thing with Legendary Fighters when used in PvP...

An Evolved Legendary in PvP is considerably stronger than its un-evolved form, thus, they make for much better PvP Defenders when they are Evolved - their attacks become more powerful, their shield is stronger, & their life is higher. Some Legendary Fighters even have PvP Skills & PvP Boss Skills. But only Evolved Legendaries get Skills (or at least that is the case right now). Skills are another reason to Evolve Legendaries before sending them PvP. Evolved Legendary Fighters are better PvP Defenders than non-evolved Legendaries, that is just how it works...

But, should I spend the materials required to Evolve them, before I Evolve my useful Legendary Team-members? I have several Fighters that I need to Evolve right now, so I have put my PvP Legendaries on the back burner for now, but I don't foresee Evolving them anytime soon, so they are just collecting dust & taking up space. How long should I keep them in my vault? Which Legendaries should I focus on first - PvP or Team?

The Legendary Fighters that I want to PvP right now are: Michael, Uriel, Gluttony, & Sagittarius. None of these Fighters have a form with any PvP Skills whatsoever right now. But they might have some in the future, we don't know yet which Fighters will get Skills. Is it worth it to Evolve these Fighters before I send them to PvP or no? Should I just send them to PvP as they are & forget about it? Should I hold on to them & try to Evolve them first & pray that they get Skills? They are taking up space in my Vault & I don't want them in there right now (I'm tired of looking at them), but i don't want to throw them away & regret it later.

What do you suggest I do? I would very much appreciate your advice! Thank you for your time.
Hi, all i have noticed that only evolved legendaries have/get boss skill. my wife got egypt one. it had not a skill for arena unevolved.. so i would say try to evolve all. a better way..
Hi, I'd suggest that you evolve them before sending them for the exact reasons you've stated. Vault space is often an issue with me as well so spare diamonds go towards vault space. Maybe focus on evolving one or two fighters per week, one being for your team.

Also keep in mind that the majority of people in pvp will be using either a mono yellow or blue team with a Medusa... so be strategic before sending fighters to pvp. If you can place fighters who attacks after one turn that would be better. I'd avoid sending gluttony to defense unless he had a spectacular boss skill. Attacking after 3 turns is horrible imo.
True. And for the same reason Saggittarius is great, since he's the "high damage every turn" - type of fighter, with right buffs he's deadly.

I know that feel, got too many things to evolve on hand, but yes, it's definitely worth it to evo fighters before donating them.

On a side note, is it possible to use bicolors as defenders? I'm thinking of making a spare 6* sharpshooter just for this.
GG WP NO RE.
Quinn, it seems that the root of all your problems is not enough vault space. Perhaps.. I know it'll suck, but use diamonds like Odiin stated to increase your vault space.
Thanks for the advice, everyone! It helps a lot. It seems that the consensus is to Evolve them first before sending them to PvP. That's what I want to do, but with so many Fighter that I need to Evolve right now, I just wanted some advice on how to approach the situation. I have tried to hold on to specific Evo Material for my Fighters, trying to collect all the pieces for multiple Fighters, but I end up with too many Chests & Wisps & not enough Queen Ants. Perhaps I need to slow down & focus on only a couple a week, like Odiin suggested.

Since I have hit lv. 200, I've started focusing on collecting Evo Material & Frogs, almost exclusively, playing only special Islands, Swamps, & Web Asteroid - since the level-up bonuses past 200 are quite low, I've not been worried about leveling-up. Also, would any of you suggest spending Diamonds to refill Stamina to play the Special Islands more, like Friday Nest, just to try to collect more Evo Material? Or just take it as it comes each week & hope to get lucky drops?

Seems like I may have to just buckle down & spend a few Diamonds on extra Vault space. I guess I can do that, I have a few spares from Daily Missions. By the way, is there a limit on Vault Space?

Thanks again for all the advice, guys!

---

(05-08-2016, 09:32 PM)IRQ Wrote:  On a side note, is it possible to use bicolors as defenders? I'm thinking of making a spare 6* sharpshooter just for this.

I don't believe any Bi-colour Fighters are allowed to be placed in PvP. There are several issues with integrating them into the PvP system... Such as colour weakness. A defender that is both Purple & Red for example: does it take double damage from a Green attack or half? Or does it deal normal damage, like a colour-cancelation kind of deal? Also, what colour of attack will it have, use it's Primary Attack or Secondary? One attack of each colour? Then there is also the issue with Skills, though that is not really as big of a deal right now. Plus Bi-colour Defenders would conceivably be quite powerful. But maybe it will happen in the future.
Hi Quinn,

I know spending diamonds on anything other than those precious legendaries
can be difficult but sometimes it's more helpful to your progress than new fighters.

The vault maximum was recently expanded to 600 which is crazy! But I'm certain that if I had 600 spots I'd use them all because hoarding is a huge part of the game in a way.

My rule of thumb is 1 vault expansion per legendary or nomad acquired. So usually 1 diamond out of 16 to keep things moving. I am up to 165 spots!

Something to keep in mind is that the Evo materials and level up materials are all paced to keep your fighter progress somewhat slow. So you can only Evo 1 or two fighters a week ( if you're lucky) and 1 fighter will reach max level each month ( if you devote all your resources to it). So Evo one fighter you really want to work on and one fighter to send to pvp and you actually won't be slowed down that much.

I believe strongly that 5 well matched max lvl fighters are worth 50 unleveled legendaries. If you are judicious in allocating your resources, the untouched fighters won't bother you so much.

That being said, you have two Gluttony yes? And did I hear mention that you are the proud owner of Xi Wangmu? Have you considered the potential of two passive skill healers to your team with the ultimate survival captain?

I have The queen mother and between my Oraakeli, my gluttony, and a gluttony cocaptain I get healed nearly every round without spending a drop of energy. But if they don't random heal me, the two gluttony can usually sap enough health with their active skills. Just food for thought. Smile
Same issues here, got 1 Queen ant from 8 or 9 runs last Friday, looks like im gonna have to spend diamonds to refill stamina and just grind it next friday.. I need over 12 Queens as it is today :/
I quite like to use Lust as captain & Co captain paired with Greed and my 2nd Lust for extra defense boost and passive healing, as my last fighter i like to use a player that convert gems to red or turn the defender to Green for a round or 3 rounds with Lord of Ashes (energy cost is quite steep tho..)
Well, I'd say tjey would cancel each other out. And attacks of arena opponents have no color. Or rather, player has no color so player's hp isn't affected by the defender's school.

That said, how are we even supposed to get bicolors in monster book then? Alex once posted it's possible to complete it even if you can't get everything yourself and first it was starter first forms then this.
GG WP NO RE.
(05-09-2016, 10:24 PM)Joy Wrote:  That being said, you have two Gluttony yes? And did I hear mention that you are the proud owner of Xi Wangmu? Have you considered the potential of two passive skill healers to your team with the ultimate survival captain?

I have The queen mother and between my Oraakeli, my gluttony, and a gluttony cocaptain I get healed nearly every round without spending a drop of energy. But if they don't random heal me, the two gluttony can usually sap enough health with their active skills. Just food for thought.

Thanks, Joy! My general PvP team includes a Gluttony & William Wallace, both passive "Random" healers. I get some pretty good healing from them, but I try not to rely on Random Skills very much - they are awesome when they activate, but when they don't, I'd rather be prepared. I almost never use Gluttony's Active Skill & I don't usually have him on my team unless he is a Captain - I have other healing Actives I can use & more valuable team members I can use rather than Gluttony as a basic Fighter. But that is specific to my team & strategy that I use, I'm not saying he is a poor team member at all, I just use other options. We all have teams & Fighters that we reply on & use in certain ways. For me, it is the Elementals - I love the Elementals!

I do have two Gluttonys, & I use my Gluttony all of the time! I just don't need two of him, so I am going to PvP the other - though, like Odiin said, he is not a very good PvP Defender as he attacks slowly. But I'd rather PvP him than sell him.

I am just now starting to experiment with my Queen Mother - I just Evolved her recently & have her mostly leveled-up, so her stats are now just as good as my other Fighters. I'm trying out different teams with her as my Captain & I am really enjoying it - she is pretty cool! It takes a little practice & good Energy management to maintain, but when she works, she works wonders! I have not tried her with a Gluttony co-captain - I have noticed that she seems to work best the less total-life the player has, so I have not used Gluttony with her. The less total-life you have, the easier it is to heal that life back, & the easier it is for enemies to 1-hit-KO you, thus her Captain Skill kicks in. But I could just be crazy, haha! It's happened before Smile

Thanks for your advice, Joy! I really appreciate it! I will do some more experimenting with Xi Wangmu & see what I can some up with. I value your advice & input.Thanks!

(05-10-2016, 07:58 AM)IRQ Wrote:  Well, I'd say tjey would cancel each other out. And attacks of arena opponents have no color. Or rather, player has no color so player's hp isn't affected by the defender's school.

That said, how are we even supposed to get bicolors in monster book then? Alex once posted it's possible to complete it even if you can't get everything yourself and first it was starter first forms then this.

PvP Defenders kind-of-sort-of do have coloured attacks, though not directly. It's their School. Some Captain Skills like that of the Greek Gods (Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, etc.) reduce damage taken from enemies of a certain School/colour, just like some Active skills, like that of the new Ents (Oakenthorn, Willowspine, etc.). These Skills rely on the colour of the enemy. Bi-colours count as both colours. That's what I was getting at when I was talking about their PvP attacks. Will they attack with one School, both, or will it be only one attack that counts as both Schools? Just some thoughts.

Perhaps we will see Bi-colour Fighters in a new Island, or perhaps they will become able to use in PvP Defense in the future. The devs. might be trying to play with the code to get them to interact in the way they desire before putting them out there. We can only speculate at this point.