Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Common Problems
We all have problems. Be it team lineup or level strategy, problems arise every now and then, making it even harder for players. Here's a few problems you'll run into (sooner later):

Defender Problems
  1. High Armor: If an enemy is heavily armored, armor piercing skills will be very helpful. Common problem with Wisps, Ants, Luxury Chests and Amphibians (Frogs, Toads etc.).
  2. Ridiculously High Damage: One hit. You're dead. Unless you find a way to mitigate the damage or make short work of the attacker fast enough! First appears in Infernal Volcano, then becomes a very common problem, even at PvP.
  3. Attack Every Turn: Bane of all attackers. The only counter to this, is to stun your enemies. Imps, Swan (upgraded) & Medusa all have devastating stunning skills.
  4. Multiple Attacks at Once: Very common sight in PvP. Area attacks quickly eradicate everything on sight, saving you from trouble.

Attacker Problems

1. Low Damage Multiplier: Lower the damage output, weaker the team. Get captains with a Damage Multiplier of at least 3׆.
  2. Lack of *color* Gems: Color gem starvation can be deadly. Converters (Monks, Elementals etc.) are for this purpose.
  3. Not Enough Time: Your time when matching gems is limited. Only a few fighters can solve this issue.
  4. Not Enough Energy (IMPORTANT!): Root of all defeats for monocolor teams. Make sure you well manage your energy; lack of energy can be potentially game ending!

RNG Related Problems

1. *color* Gem Spawns Rarely: This can be countered by bringing a Fighter with gem conversion skills.
  2. Legendary Drop Rate: As one would expect, chances of getting a Legendary is ≈10%. It might be more common than that, it depends on luck.
  3. Biweekly Island Drop Rates: These islands have a mediocre drop rate for exclusive fighters. At first stage, they never drop. At second and third stages, they have a small chance to drop, doubled at Weekends.

Vault Management

Fighters Vault is a manageable resource; you can sell, fuse or evolve fighters to make up room for your Fighters. Should you need it, you can also purchase slots to make it larger to hold more Fighters and Evo/Level-Up Materials!
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
A nice list of common problems players will face in the game! Well done! It covers most all of the common issues found in the game. Just thought I would contribute a little that I have learned over time to help out.

(05-20-2016, 07:15 PM)ISeeMyself Wrote:  Defender Problems
  1. High Armor: If an enemy is heavily armored, armor piercing skills will be very helpful. Common problem with Wisps, Ants, Luxury Chests and Amphibians (Frogs, Toads etc.).
  2. Ridiculously High Damage: One hit. You're dead. Unless you find a way to mitigate the damage or make short work of the attacker fast enough! First appears in Infernal Volcano, then becomes a very common problem, even at PvP.
  3. Attack Every Turn: Bane of all attackers. The only counter to this, is to stun your enemies. Imps, Swan (upgraded) & Medusa all have devastating stunning skills.
  4. Multiple Attacks at Once: Very common sight in PvP. Area attacks quickly eradicate everything on sight, saving you from trouble.

1. The best way to handle high armour/shields is, like ISeeMyself said, by using armour piercing Fighters. Fighters like Odin & Cancer have Active Skills that can completely ignore any enemy's shield. The Sharpshooters like Drake & Naurim are also very good a breaking though the opponent's shield. There are also Fighters like Anubis & Hel that have armour piecing Captain Skills. & let's not forget about piercing attack Actives like Kali & Wrath. Then there are also Fighters with armour piercing Random Skills, like Aquarius - it is less reliable to count on Random Skills for this, so be cautious when using them. Brahma can also be helpful when breaking though high shields.

2. High damage is very common in PvP - many defenders will have the capability to one-hot-KO players in the higher ranking leagues. & there are several PvE bosses that can dish out the damage. The best ways to approach this is to use damage reduction Fighters, like Cyclops, the Ents, Monks, or Greek Gods; & to use Fighters that can create a Protection Barrier like Greed, Cronla, Skadi, or Set. Other options include teams with high defense. Using Leonidas as a Captain or some of the Zodiac Fighters like Scorpio or Aries can help to boost Defense, allowing for you to survive those high attacks - some of the Japanese Gods like Fujin & Tengu can also help to boost defense. Another approach can be to go in with a high-attack oriented team, & try to kill the enemy before they kill you. This approach can be successful with the right team member combinations but I see it as high risk approach, but when it works, it can really pay off.

3. For enemies that attack every turn, Fighters with the ability to Stun - like Medusa, Imps, Scarecrow, Swan, etc. - are a quick fix, but not the only way to combat these enemies. With the right Fighter combinations & the proper healers, it is possible to win these scenarios without a stunner, just in case you don't have one or do not wish to use one. Great healing & Protection Barriers can help tremendously.

4. Generally speaking, in PvP when faced with multiple enemies, the enemies generally will not have high life, making it a little easier to take them out. There are of course some exceptions, especially now with the aid of Boosts & some Boss Skills. As ISeeMyself said above, area attacks will take them out much more efficiently than single attacks. In PvE some stages will have multiple enemies that also have high life. Area attacks will work well in the situations as well, but sometimes it pays off to target one enemy in particular, usually a weaker enemy with lower life than the other enemies of that stage. This can allow you to diminish the attacking force of the enemy team & give you some more time. & always remember to take advantage of colour.

(05-20-2016, 07:15 PM)ISeeMyself Wrote:  Attacker Problems
  1. Low Damage Multiplier: Lower the damage output, weaker the team. Get captains with a Damage Multiplier of at least 3׆.
  2. Lack of *color* Gems: Color gem starvation can be deadly. Converters (Monks, Elementals etc.) are for this purpose.
  3. Not Enough Time: Your time when matching gems is limited. Only a few fighters can solve this issue.
  4. Not Enough Energy (IMPORTANT!): Root of all defeats for monocolor teams. Make sure you well manage your energy; lack of energy can be potentially game ending!

1. Generally speaking, as ISeeMyself has pointed out, having Captains with attack or damage multiplication is a good idea - it will allow you to kill enemies faster & thus win the match. There are many Fighters that can serve this purpose like Archangels, the Starters (Brook, Trixy, etc.), Osiris, Aella, Lykopis, Hydra, Legendary Odre, Leo, Pieces, Kali, Cyclops, Fujin, Raijin, Natives, Sins - the list goes on. On any team, you want to carry some form of attack-boosting Fighter. When you are using other kinds of Captains or using other strategies, Fighters with attack-boosting Active Skills can help. Fighters like the Island lords such as Yeti & Steam Buster will work wonders, as well as other like Leonidas & Xi Wangmu.

2. Gem Converters like Monks, Elementals, Amazons & even Dragons or Fighters like Hel & Yama & Isis can work wonders, especially for mono-colour teams. I recommend using any of these Fighters. Converting Gems can help to prevent "Gem starvation." Another option is to use Gem re-roll Fighters like the Arch Angels. Fighters like Uriel & Chamuel & even the Greek God Zeus will allow you to remove some gems & essentially "shuffle" the board. This can be an effective alternative to Gem conversion, though there is less control in this method.

3. There are currently very few Fighters that can give players the option of "more time to move Gems" for example: Kali, Goddess of Time, or Nezha & Zhurong can do this. I recommend taking some time to examine the board before you start making moves & think about what you want to accomplish in each turn. Then you can use your Active Skills & match Gems. It can be tricky, but the more matches you can make, the better off you will be. I also recommend removing as many Gems from the board each turn as possible, this will refresh your playing board & Gem options. This can help to regenerate your supply of Energy Gems as well.

4. Lack of Energy is the bane to most all teams - especially in PvP; in PvP, if you have no Energy, you are as good as defeated in most cases. It is especially difficult for mono-colour teams, as they usually rely on Gem conversion or re-roll every turn. You have to manage your Energy efficiently. This means matching Energy Gems to keep up on generation as well as only using Active Skills when needed - do not over-spend to accomplish a goal. If you can kill off an enemy without using an attack-boosting Active Skill, do not spend the Energy on it. But in all truth, this one does come down to a good deal of luck as well - if you are given a board with no Energy Gems, you could just be out of luck no mater what you do; such as a PvP stage 1 draw with only one Energy Gem. Energy is very important, & managing your Energy wisely should be a priority.
(05-20-2016, 07:15 PM)ISeeMyself Wrote:  [*]Not Enough Energy (IMPORTANT!): Root of all defeats for monocolor teams. Make sure you well manage your energy; lack of energy can be potentially game ending!
[/list]

Getting no energy matches is common these days :/
Another effective Energy management tactic is to not use every Energy Gem on the board in one turn. For example: if you have 7 Energy Gems on the board this turn, only match 5 of them along with other matches, leaving the other 2 behind. This will increase your chances of having enough Energy Gems on your next turn to use for matches. This works very well when using Energy boosting Captains like the Elementals or Sins, since they will allow you to charge your Energy Bar quickly & by using less Energy Gems.

Which brings me to another point about Energy...
Try not to "over-charge" your Energy Bar with additional Energy Gems - your Energy Bar can only hold so much Energy, any surplus Energy generated in a turn is wasted Energy. If 4 Energy Gems will refill your Energy Bar, there is no need to match 8 Energy Gems in one turn - that is, unless you just need the extra matches for an Active Skill like Xi Wangmu or multiplication Captains like William Wallace, Joan or Arc, Hydra, Aella, or Scylia. There are a few other exceptions to this rule, such as using Sharpshooters as Captains or Fighters like Cronla, Nissa, Sherwin, or in some cases even Set or Elemental Captains, when Energy Gems do more than just refill your Energy Bar.

Every situation is different. It just takes time & practice to recognize what move is best in certain scenarios. Be creative, be thoughtful, & have fun!
I'll add a few more common problems, but most likely they'll be about getting lucky.
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
Solid list. Smile I can vouch for most of these things. my biggest issues would be energy management because it's hard to build a big energy pool when you need some of the skills to either sustain your health so you do not die or to put out major damage to make it to the next round Tongue

I manage to keep most of my teams well balanced for the event. I've got my evo material farming team, never fails, 2 different style of pvp teams that generally wins all fights unless i'm unlucky or forget to use a skill at a key moment. and then I've got my story mode teams that does well in every match up except the last 2 islands, then you have to specialize those teams Tongue

I find building a strong PVP defense the hardest part of the game with so many diverse pvp attack styles Tongue