Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yama PvP Skill
Hello! Quinn here. I wanted to ask the Developers about Yama, God of Death's PvP Skill. His PvP Skill - not Boss Skill - reads: "Low chance to perform a multi-hit." & it does just that - the Fighter has a low chance of executing a multi-hit attack. The issue is... his multi-hit attack is weak; significantly weaker than his normal attack. I have tested Yama in my Area to figure out how he works. I have a Yama in my area that is lv 39 with a base attack of approximately 14.200. After all boosts & bonuses are figured up, his normal attack dealt to me about 21.000 damage; however, his multi-hit attack only dealt about 16.000 damage or so, split into three separate attacks.

I don't see how it is beneficial to have a special Skill that makes an attack so much weaker than normal. I'm wondering if perhaps his multi-hit PvP Skill is not working correctly. My theory is, Yama's multi-hit Skill attack is not affected by boost potions or Boss Skills - making it a non-boosted attack. There is a big difference between 16.000 & 21.000. Either that, or there might be an error in player defense calculations against multi-hit attacks - since it is not one big attack, but three smaller ones, effectively reducing the attack three times via team defense. I'm not sure - my tests have been limited since his "low chance" is very low it seems. It just seems off to me how his PvP Skill makes his attack power weaker than a normal attack. If that's the case, the player is better off to be hit with a multi-hit attack, saving them from death. It actually makes Yama not a very good defender.

Whenever I have been hit by a multi-hit attack in PvE (such as by some bosses of New Horizon) the multi-hit attack deals just as much damage or more than a normal attack. Plus it seems like PvE multi-hit attacks are broken down into four attacks, but Yama's is only broken down into three. Perhaps he is missing an attack?

So the big question is: how is Yama's PvP Skill multi-hit intended to function? Please clear this up.

Thank you! Heart
Hey Quinn. The issue here is that the multi-hit skill doesn't receive the bonus from the stage. The real intention of the skill is not to 1 hit the enemy but to counter the survive Captain Skill of the other chinese fighters. If the intention of your enemy is to have low defense/life but survive one hits and heal, Yama will take care of him.

However we'll review your suggestion
As someone who has been leaning heavily on the Chinese gods, the multi-attack definitely gives me a reason to pop Vseslav the Werewolf's 60% incoming attack reduction, and is, in fact, the reason I have him on my team instead of a potentially more useful fighter.

I would say it's working as intended.
[Image: 80?cb=20160421145419]
Current Captain: War Holy Limtel (#609)
ID: 844.442.390

(06-14-2016, 03:49 PM)Alex Wrote:  Hey Quinn. The issue here is that the multi-hit skill doesn't receive the bonus from the stage. The real intention of the skill is not to 1 hit the enemy but to counter the survive Captain Skill of the other chinese fighters. If the intention of your enemy is to have low defense/life but survive one hits and heal, Yama will take care of him.

However we'll review your suggestion

Thanks for the response, Alex! So you are saying that the multi-hit attack is unaffected by stage boosts? My particular Yama is not my boss, so he is only boosted from potions & my boss' attack boost Boss Skill. Those boosts don't add to the power of multi-hit?

I think the design & wisdom behind Yama's PvP Skill is beautiful! Like you said above, Yama is intended to render most Chinese Gods' Survival Skill useless - as their Captain Skills are only effective against massive attacks. Three smaller attacks will defeat a Chinese God Captain (or Ent Captain). I love the idea of Yama's multi-hit, it just seems too low to work properly. His individual multi-hit attacks are too low to kill, so it doesn't mater what Captain a player has, Chinese God or no, if the attacking player is at full health they will survive a multi-hit. Now, I'm talking in the scope of Champions League - there, most players are above lv 170 (most are in the lv. 180-90s range) at least, giving them a good amount of life to buffer attacks. In the lower Leagues & even in Titanium, I'm sure Yama works just fine, but in Champions, I think he might be lacking. His normal attack power is awesome! It is one of the highest base attacks available in PvP for a single-turn attacking Defender save for bi-colours. But his weakened multi-hit actually makes him weaker in my opinion. But that opinion is based on my limited amount data. Unless I am missing something, it seems like Yama's multi-hit is actually a malady, not a benefit - as it is a weaker attack than normal. Players will be lucky if Yama multi-hits them, because that way he will deal to them less damage.

By the looks of it, Yama's multi-hit attack will only be effective if he is max level, otherwise his attack is too low for the multi-hit to do sufficient damage to kill. & even at max level, it may not be strong enough without boosts.

I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

(06-14-2016, 09:47 PM)dinklebob Wrote:  As someone who has been leaning heavily on the Chinese gods, the multi-attack definitely gives me a reason to pop Vseslav the Werewolf's 60% incoming attack reduction, and is, in fact, the reason I have him on my team instead of a potentially more useful fighter.

I would say it's working as intended.

I too use the Chinese Gods - I was actually using Xi Wangmu when I tested my Yama's attack. His multi-hit was not enough to kill me when it triggered. After his multi-hit attack I still had a few thousand life points left. I would have survived without Xi Wangmu, but without her, I would not have survived his normal attack of 21.000. Yama's normal attack is killer, but his multi-hit attack is not. I had no defense boosting Fighters on my team & no life boosting Fighters or shielding. I think my Defense was about 30-33%. I was very surprised when he hit me with multi-attack & I did not die. It should have killed me, but it did not.
Ok so I personally think Yamas pvp skill multi hit should be reevaluated, I have the bi color version and its level 48. Its not buffed by stages as previously stated, i tried using boss skill bonus from shadow dragon and it still doesnt seem to benefit. I use chinese gods frequently and im only in the level 170s and its multi hit cant kill me even with my hp not full.

3 highly buffed 4 star healers with 1 turn attack hit harder than yamas multi hit. I understand that at lower tiers other than champions it could be useful but if three 4 star healers hit harder then i really dont see the point of having this skill and would rather just use normal attacks all the time. I havent done extensive testing but by the testing that ive done i think the other chinese gods pvp skills seem a lot more useful. I would like to know what others think and what the developers think, thank you
Indeed. Like I originally said, Yama's Multi-hit Skill is actually a malady & not a benefit. The multi-hit that Yama uses is too weak (unlike Envy's Double Hit, yikes!). I don't think that Yama's PvP Skill is working as it was intended.

The three smaller multi-hits are designed to deliver a killing blow separated into three attacks - this design is intended to combat the Chinese Gods' Survival Captain Skills. However, the hits are too weak to deliver defeat! A player using a China God who gets hit by Yama's Skill will not be defeated, because the damage is too low. So it does not accomplish its task. As Yama sits currently, I would rather he didn't have multi-hit at all - he would be more powerful if he had no Skill vs. having multi-hit.

Like I said, players will actually be lucky if Yama uses his Skill, because that way he will deal less damage than on a normal attack.

Yama's PvP Skill is FAR behind his Chinese Peers - Yama is nowhere near as effective as the other China Gods.

I think the design wisdom behind the Skill beautiful, however, the Skill is just not powerful enough to accomplish what is was designed for.
I completely agree Quinn, I've fought Yama in its final form as a boss and in other stages. With Yamas multi hit i'll receive roughly 4,100 a hit. That's only 12,300 damage with 36% defense, I wouldn't say that its purpose is to kill someone with a Chinese God unless they are low level with low defense and health. Envy on the other hand definitely destroys someone with a Chinese god lol.
I definitely agree with you guys, a PvP skill shouldn't be a gift for the enemy. You devs might not want it to be more stronger but why don't just cancel it. It's better without.