Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fighters: Dryads (Suggestion)
Hello, all! Quinn here. I have a new set of concept Fighters to introduce to you today: Dryads! Ents are not the only guardians of Nature, after all!

Dryads are the beautiful & dangerous mythical protectors of Nature. These spirits of the natural world take on the appearance of beautiful plant-like women, able to shape & manipulate the world around them. Dryads act as the servants of Mother Nature & will fiercely defend their woodland homes against invaders.

The Dryads all have a new & unique Active Skill that I would very much like to get your opinion on - see what you think. Dryads introduce a new Status (like Poisoned, Stunned, & Disarmed) called Seed. A Seeded enemy receives damage each turn as if by a Poison effect - ignoring shield - & the player will "leech" some of that damage for healing. When an enemy is Seeded, two things happen each turn: the Seeded enemy receives damage & the player receives healing. It's like a healing poison. Damage & healing will both happen at the start of the player's turn after the Seed has been planted. Like other status effects (Poisoned, Stunned, etc.) Seeds do not stack - a single enemy may only be Seeded by a single Seed at one time. Got it?... I hope I didn't make that sound more complicated than it is, haha! If you have any questions, please ask!

I was thinking that the Seed symbol could look like either a small teardrop shaped seed, or a leaf.

I really appreciate your time. Please leave any comments, feedback, advice, or questions below. Thank you for reading! Without further ado, I present to you, the Dryads (Dryads are usually associated with trees, but I have given them all floral names instead, enjoy!):

Rose (Max Lv. 50)
School: Elemental
Kind: Legendary

Attack: 943
Defence: 972
Energy: 294

Captain Skill:
Nature’s Blessing R: 2x attack if Red & Purple Gems are matched.

Active Skill:
Healing Seed: Cost: 5500; Seed target enemy  for 3 turns, dealing 4000 damage to enemy each turn & healing the player 2000 life each turn.

Random Skill:
Sweet Aroma: Sleep target enemy until it receives an attack.

Rose, Daughter of the Garden (Max Lv. 99)
School: Elemental
Kind: Legendary/Protector

Attack: 1320
Defence: 1516
Energy: 403

Captain Skill:
Nature’s Bond R: 2x attack & 15% reduction of incoming damage if Red & Purple Gems are matched.

Active Skill:
Rejuvenating Seed: Cost: 6800; Seed target enemy for 3 turns, dealing 6000 damage to enemy each turn & healing the player 3000 life each turn.

Random Skill:

Clover (Max Lv. 50)
School: War

Attack: 944
Defence: 977
Energy: 291

Captain Skill:
Nature’s Blessing G: 2x attack if Green & Blue Gems are matched.

Active Skill:
Healing Seed: Cost: 5500; Seed target enemy  for 3 turns, dealing 4000 damage to enemy each turn & healing the player 2000 life each turn.

Random Skill:

Clover, Daughter of the Grove (Max Lv. 99)
School: War

Attack: 1321
Defence: 1524
Energy: 398

Captain Skill:
Nature’s Bond G: 2x attack & 15% reduction of incoming damage if Green & Blue Gems are matched.

Active Skill:
Rejuvenating Seed: Cost: 6800; Seed target enemy for 3 turns, dealing 6000 damage to enemy each turn & healing the player 3000 life each turn.

Random Skill:

Violet (Max Lv. 50)
School: Shadow

Attack: 937
Defence: 969
Energy: 298

Captain Skill:
Nature’s Blessing P: 2x attack if Purple & Green Gems are matched.

Active Skill:

Random Skill:

Violet, Daughter of the Valley (Max Lv. 99)
School: Shadow

Attack: 1312
Defence: 1511
Energy: 408

Captain Skill:
Nature’s Bond P: 2x attack & 15% reduction of incoming damage if Purple & Green Gems are matched.

Active Skill:

Random Skill:

Lily (Max Lv. 50)
School: Transmute

Attack: 949
Defence: 966
Energy: 288

Captain Skill:
Nature’s Blessing B: 2x attack if Blue &  Purple Gems are matched.

Active Skill:

Random Skill:

Lily, Daughter of the Marsh (Max Lv. 99)
School: Transmute

Attack: 1328
Defence: 1507
Energy: 395

Captain Skill:
Nature’s Bond B: 2x attack & 15% reduction of incoming damage if Blue & Purple Gems are matched.

Active Skill:

Random Skill:

Daisy (Max Lv. 50)
School: Mech

Attack: 945
Defence: 973
Energy: 291

Captain Skill:
Nature’s Blessing Y: 2x attack if Yellow & Green Gems are matched.

Active Skill:

Random Skill:

Daisy, Daughter of the Sun (Max Lv. 99)
School: Mech

Attack: 1323
Defence: 1518
Energy: 399

Captain Skill:
Nature’s Bond Y: 2x attack & 15% reduction of incoming damage if Yellow & Green Gems are matched.

Active Skill:

Random Skill:

---

The Dryads! I hope I did not make them too powerful... Please leave any feedback or comments below. Thank you for taking the time to read over this Fighter suggestion  Heart
They do sound really cool and the life tapping poison is taking a page from the me necromancers of Everquest. However it would probably need to be limited to a few turns and the energy cost would probably be over 7k considering both the damage dealt and healing received.

I like the gem matching captain skill. Both an attack boost and damage mitigation is nice.

Sleep as a random skill is interesting. It's tough to take advantage of sleep but it might be a saving grace in a pinch.
I like your ideas!
I agree with energy cost, but needs a set turn amount like 3-6. I think Joy is nerfing to hard Tongue
Aww I'm not being mean but the skill combines hades and shiva into one active skill. And even the lower evolutions of those skills would cost 7500.
Thank you very much for your feedback, Joy & Drainlock! I am glad to see that you both like the concept! After reviewing your comments, I will agree, the Active Skill ability should be limited to only a few turns - otherwise it might be a little too powerful against big enemies with a lot of life. But if a player is already at full life, it essentially acts a strong poison Skill - which is still a nice Skill. I like the idea of poison, but it seems pretty weak in most cases, such as Medusa & Naga's Poison Random Skill.

I will add a turn limit to the Active Skill & alter the cost. But I'll leave it as it is for now to give others some more time to comment on the concept if they wish.

(07-08-2016, 05:15 PM)Joy Wrote:  I like the gem matching captain skill. Both an attack boost and damage mitigation is nice.

Sleep as a random skill is interesting. It's tough to take advantage of sleep but it might be a saving grace in a pinch.

Glad you like the Captain Skill! I was afraid that having both an attack boost as well as damage reduction might make it too strong. That is why I chose to use 2x attack & the low DR of 15%, so as to not make it too strong. I also decided to use the double-colour matching as a requirement to further justify the boost & DR. The colours are based on the Elementals - I made sure to not use a colour that an Elemental converts.

I've been toying with the idea of Sleep as a Random Skill - it is similar to Daze, being a stun. You are right, working with the Sleep ability can be tricky.

(07-09-2016, 02:07 AM)Joy Wrote:  Aww I'm not being mean but the skill combines hades and shiva into one active skill. And even the lower evolutions of those skills would cost 7500.

I completely forgot about Shiva! You make an excellent point there, Joy.

--

Thanks again for your feedback! I will make some adjustments soon.
The Fighters have been updated! Take a look & let me know what you think! Thanks for reading!

---

The cost of the Active Skills has been increased.
Seeds now have a turn duration.
what do you mean of poison being too powerful? i mean, at least we are talking about farming evo and lvl up materials, poison is the most useless skills. in pvp enemies have average 1 million life points. how is 4000 damage too powerful, i really can't understand it. about the fighters i really like the concept and i already love the art that these nature warriors. and the captain skills are also great, offensive and defensive at the same time. great work as always Quinn!
(07-11-2016, 10:23 PM)dino Wrote:  what do you mean of poison being too powerful? i mean, at least we are talking about farming evo and lvl up materials, poison is the most useless skills. in pvp enemies have average 1 million life points. how is 4000 damage too powerful, i really can't understand it. about the fighters i really like the concept and i already love the art that these nature warriors. and the captain skills are also great, offensive and defensive at the same time. great work as always Quinn!

Thanks, Dino! I appreciate you taking a look at these Fighter. I'm glad that you like the concept.

These Fighters are probably not the best Fighters for PvP. As you said, PvP enemies tend to have a lot of life, approaching or even exceeding 1 mil+. At a max of 18.000 damage divided into three turns, the damage of the Dryads' Active Skill will barely make a dent in that amount of life. I have edited the Dryads' Active Skills & added the turn limit - before there was no turn limit & the damage & healing lasted until the enemy died. That is what we were discussing about the poison being too powerful - the damage was endless & could add up to a very high amount of damage & healing for such a cost. The cost did not represent the potential strength of the Skill. We decided that there needed to be a turn limit on the Skill.

I agree, poison is not a great Skill, as it always seems to be too weak to really do anything. Other than to help to farm Evo & Level-up Materials. I wanted to change that a little with these Dryads & their twist on a poison-like ability - I at least wanted to make it more interesting.
I know this is an old thread, & I do not mean to resurrect it, but I felt like making a point that I missed when the ideas was first suggested...

Sleep as a Passive Skill is a BAD idea! As I have been using Sleep more recently (Dream Heal), I have made some new discoveries about Sleep... Sleep will disrupt a Stun that is in play, negating the Stun. Sleep will override any Stun in place & Sleep the enemy instead. This can really wreck havoc on a player's plan. I would not want a Fighter on my team with a passive Sleep Skill if I were using Stun! Just a point I wanted to make.
Also worth noting that sleep negates attack timers. So if a monster has three turns to attack and is put to sleep he will attack as soon as you wake him!