Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Energy Gems in PvP
(08-08-2016, 03:40 PM)Andres Wrote:  The chances a random starting board would have less than 3 energy gems (or less than 3 of any kind of gems, for that matter) is about 11%. This was always like this, and it's the same in all leagues. It means that if you play 10 battles a day, it's likely to happen to you every day.
I do agree it sucks when this happens, so we'll see if we can think of a solution.

So that means my theory (about RNG becoming more strict in later leagues) is busted... But nice to know the RNG is stable! However, 11% feels like 45% or, worse yet, 70% chance of getting 2 energy gems.
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
(08-08-2016, 03:24 PM)Alex Wrote:  We'll look into this

Awesome! THANK YOU! Heart

(08-08-2016, 03:40 PM)Andres Wrote:  The chances a random starting board would have less than 3 energy gems (or less than 3 of any kind of gems, for that matter) is about 11%. This was always like this, and it's the same in all leagues. It means that if you play 10 battles a day, it's likely to happen to you every day.
I do agree it sucks when this happens, so we'll see if we can think of a solution.

Marvelous! I'm pleased to read that the Skydoms Team is looking into this issue - it has been very bad for me. I usually play about 5-7 PvP games per day depending on how much time I have. It's still seems to be happening every day. It's been acting more like 25-30% chance that I am dealt less than 3 Energy Gems. I've just started keeping a log of all the times when this happens. There have been a couple of days when this has happened to me twice.

Thank you for acknowledging this headache. Please keep us posted on any updates! Thanks!
This is still a major issue. I really hope the Skydoms Team does something about this issue. & fast.

I've been keeping a log of all of my PvP matches, & the results are not good. 11%? No. Not even close. For the past 14 days I've been recording each PvP game & how many Energy Gems I am dealt each time. After about 70 games, I am dealt less than 3 Energy Gems on the board more than 20% of the time. 20%! That is ridiculous! That's 1 out of every 5 games! Every fifth game is an auto-loss because of this stupid Energy draw issue, & it is infuriating! It is happening twice as often as it is intended to happen. Personally I think it should be about 3-4%, not 11%, & definitely not 20%! I hate to keep harping on this issue, but in my eyes, this is a massive problem that needs addressed. Too much effort goes into PvP to simply lose 20% of all matches for no good reason.
(08-20-2016, 02:50 PM)Quinn Wrote:  This is still a major issue. I really hope the Skydoms Team does something about this issue. & fast.

I've been keeping a log of all of my PvP matches, & the results are not good. 11%? No. Not even close. For the past 14 days I've been recording each PvP game & how many Energy Gems I am dealt each time. After about 70 games, I am dealt less than 3 Energy Gems on the board more than 20% of the time. 20%! That is ridiculous! That's 1 out of every 5 games! Every fifth game is an auto-loss because of this stupid Energy draw issue, & it is infuriating! It is happening twice as often as it is intended to happen. Personally I think it should be about 3-4%, not 11%, & definitely not 20%! I hate to keep harping on this issue, but in my eyes, this is a massive problem that needs addressed. Too much effort goes into PvP to simply lose 20% of all matches for no good reason.

Tough luck, 11% is as far as it can get, but I'm starting to feel like 11% is feeling like the memetic 17% (look it up, it's an internet meme about any person getting an unusual amount of consecutive bashes, solely attributed to luck). Except it's not on your favor.

On Energy gems, try to get a head start by removing as many gems as possible (in a dire attempt to get more). If you can survive the initial turn (provided they're not going overboard with "1 turn and RIP in Spaghetti" Defenders), might as well expect to steamroll the rest.

But yes. The Energy gems need to have at least 3 of them guaranteed on board when you start.
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
(08-20-2016, 05:18 PM)ISeeMyself Wrote:  Tough luck, 11% is as far as it can get, but I'm starting to feel like 11% is feeling like the memetic 17% (look it up, it's an internet meme about any person getting an unusual amount of consecutive bashes, solely attributed to luck). Except it's not on your favor.

On Energy gems, try to get a head start by removing as many gems as possible (in a dire attempt to get more). If you can survive the initial turn (provided they're not going overboard with "1 turn and RIP in Spaghetti" Defenders), might as well expect to steamroll the rest.

But yes. The Energy gems need to have at least 3 of them guaranteed on board when you start.

If it actually were 11% that would be one thing. But it's not 11%. It's 20%! I'm in no mood for memes right now, sorry ISeeMyself. At another time I may have gotten a chuckle out of your comment, but not here. In my eyes this is the worst part of the game - I understand that any Gem matching game involves luck, but 20% is beyond reasonable for an Energy draw of less than 3 tiles. This is more than a simple Gem matching match, it is also a strategy game. It should be based on strategy, not luck. I'm not here to play Russian Roulette.

A "headstart" move against a single-turn attacker is nothing more than a fool's prayer - hoping that a miracle happens & an Energy match manages to magically fall down from above. The math is against the player. With the strength of PvP Arenas increasing, the need for Energy also increases. I don't care about the Gem draw for PvE, it's PvP that is the problem.

Thankfully this poor Energy draw has only happened to me a couple of times during a Clan War - maybe 3 or 4 times out of the 105 games I've played in the Wars so far. In regular PvP play, it's happening 1 out of every 5 games. In the higher PvP Leagues, 3 Energy Gems minimum is pretty much required on the first turn anymore.

Something needs fixed here. The gem algorithm needs altered, something!

I'm sure everyone here would be much happier if I just shut my mouth about this topic Tongue I'm constantly trying to improve my team, but so far I have been unsuccessful at creating a practical PvP team that can survive 2 turns without Energy.
I agree Quinn. This subject should be brought up over and over again until it is addressed.
My clan members are also very frustrated with the recent energy gem drops as well, and such luck affects clan war results. If Skydoms do not fix this soon, they might see (paying) members leaving en masse.
(08-24-2016, 01:32 AM)shakanen Wrote:  I agree Quinn. This subject should be brought up over and over again until it is addressed.
My clan members are also very frustrated with the recent energy gem drops as well, and such luck affects clan war results. If Skydoms do not fix this soon, they might see (paying) members leaving en masse.

Thank you, Shakanen. I am beyond frustration at this point. I'm completely disheartened & disillusioned. I have put countless hours into PvP, & for what? To lose 20% of all of my offensive games because of a poor draw? It's just unfair. & it's not fun. I have put a lot into my PvP teams & think that they are pretty good, but when dealt less than 3 Energy gems, my teams mean nothing. I die because I don't get Energy. How is this right!? Why is this still happening!? I don't understand! Nearly every single day this is happening. 1 out of every 4-5 games. HOW!? That's just unacceptable.

I have played 92 PvP games in the past 19 days. Of those 92 games, in 19 matches I was dealt less than 3 Energy Gems. That's 20,7%. That is a far-cry from the intended 11%. I'm done. I'm not having fun in PvP anymore. & when a game stops being fun, it's time to quit.

I support the Skydoms Team & I support this game. But I cannot continue with PvP if this Energy issue continues. I truly hope that they are working on a solution to this problem. If not, I'm just done. I don't want to deal with this any longer.