Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analysis of Tower Legendaries
So... here we are, making a post about new Fighters. Truth to be told, while it's similiar to the aptly named "Q.U.I.N.N. Rating", what I'm doing here is not only outlining the Fighter, but also giving Trivia about them.

The legend is:

★ - Legendary
♣ - Rebel
♦ - Defender
♠ - Beast
♥ - Healer
⭐- Focus

Let's begin with...

Harbinger, the Nullifier (★/)

STATS: A- --> Legendary Fighters are expected to have high stats anyways.
CAPTAIN SKILL: A- --> Not listed, but the expected secondary stat is Focus.
ACTIVE SKILL: B --> Honestly, I expected more. Being able to turn a tile into a Disintegrator is fine, but having two Disintegrators is overkill. At least the cost is moderate.
RANDOM SKILL: B --> Same as Elven Healers. None else to say.
PVP SKILL: A+ --> Dragons and Golems fused together to form a single, slightly weaker, but potentially gamebreaking skill.

Trivia:
  • This Fighter is based on Lucifer, the Doom Bringer (Bringer is omitted) from Dota 2. Except he has nothing to do with the title Nullifier.
  • This Fighter has a Weight of 35 in his 6★ form.

Rhodes, the Colossus (★/)

STATS: A --> Colossus indeed. Wait till you see its reference point. Has one of the highest Defense stats in game.
CAPTAIN SKILL: A- --> Not listed, but the expected secondary stat is Focus.
ACTIVE SKILL: B --> Honestly, I expected more. Being able to turn a tile into a Disintegrator is fine, but having two Disintegrators is overkill. At least the cost is moderate.
RANDOM SKILL: A- --> Your enemies are at the mercy of RNG giving you a 'bash' or not.
PVP SKILL: A+ --> Dragons and Golems fused together to form a single, slightly weaker, but potentially gamebreaking skill.

Trivia:
  • This Fighter is based on Tiny, the Stone Giant from Dota 2. Colossus indeed (!).

ANALYSIS STATUS: Ongoing

Suffice to say, it's a remarkable reference, but I hope we don't get lawsuits for this! Angel
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
...You know, when I said that protector class ents are kinda familiar I was just kidding. This is just straight plagiarism and as a Dota player I actually find it offensive.

Unless it's some kind of TI6 advertisement and Valve gave permission. But then, they would allow Skydoms to use original design and names. They're pretty light on giving their content for promo campaigns.
GG WP NO RE.
(08-07-2016, 08:24 PM)IRQ Wrote:  ...You know, when I said that protector class ents are kinda familiar I was just kidding. This is just straight plagiarism and as a Dota player I actually find it offensive.

Unless it's some kind of TI6 advertisement and Valve gave permission. But then, they would allow Skydoms to use original design and names. They're pretty light on giving their content for promo campaigns.

Most likely they'll get a redesign before Valve finds out (or that they actually got permission from Valve) or they get straight out removed. Plagiarized Fighters may or may not be removed (same with the Timebreaker plagiarization problem) but it's up to both ends to decide.
Also, Doom's Harbinger's cap is Elemental Synergy, elementals have 1,5x attack and energy, he also takes 15% of damage from mana pool instead of hp.

...wasn't Mana Shield Medusa's thing? Well, at least his random is Scorched Earth.
GG WP NO RE.
Ha.

I'll be adding Arc Warden Taz next. Let's see what happens.
As for quick analysis, Radiant offlane T1 Elemental tower dungeon has 3 tiers for 40-50-60 stamina, on tier one there are 7 stages with 5* Teach on 4, Harbinger DOOMS you hides gems in the first turn, has 400k hp and too much 7k armor. Tier two - 6* Teach on stage 5, Harbinger has 4M hp and 14k armor. Big news is he doesn't have a Black King's Bar is NOT stun resistant. Also drop rates might be off, for now out of two tries I got two Doomlings. Did he eat a mud golem again?

My guess is that tier 3 is his 6* form on nomad levels of power.
GG WP NO RE.
The Tower is here! The Fighters are interesting - they are very similar to Legendary Ogre, but their Captain Skills also offer the 20% protection. Ogre has the better Active Skills, now that it has been changed to match that of Leonidas. I think I'd still prefer Ogre over the Tower Lords, but they are pretty cool, & they come in more colours than just blue.

I've never really understood the benefit of upgrading more than 1 tile to a disintegrator, like a few of the Zodiac Fighters' Active Skills. Is there a benefit? One disintegrator will blast all Gems of the colour, so why would we ever need more than one? Am I missing something?

Anyway, nice work!

(& thanks for the info on the Tower stages, IRQ! That's helpful information to know!)
Third is 6* 8M hp with 28k armor, so Drow Rangers will deal literally no damage to him. Also he got himself a BKB, aka. he's stun resistant now. Attacks every 2 turns, starts with ~13,5k damage at ~1/3 reduction. As I said, unevolved nomad tier. And it seems I just got lucky before, didn't drop on the last one. And Teach on the way there is about 5,5M hp, so no pushover either.
GG WP NO RE.
Next level in Biweekly Legendary competition - so hard, you can't beat a Nomadlike boss!

...or should I say GODLIKE?!

Seriously, this is starting to become less funny
Okay, but seriously. Alex, does Valve know you're using their characters? Making a reference is one thing, but this...

ISM, don't get carried away Tongue
GG WP NO RE.