Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution Decisions! Help!
So, I've been playing for a month or so...spent some cash because I enjoy the game. Now, i'm stuck with some evolution decisions and not having played deep into the game i'm not sure what I should do. Any feedback would be appreciated.

My units for evolution consideration are:

Sagittaurius - 5 star to evolve to 6
Gluttony - 5 star to evolve to 6
Salamander - 5 star to evolve to 6
Sylph- 5 star to evolve to 6
Brahma - 5 star to evolve to 6
Xi Wangmu - 5 star to evolve to 6
Ra - 5 star to evolve to 6
Undine - 5 star to evolve to 6
Oraakkeli - 5 star to evolve to 6
Odin - 5 star to evolve to 6
Osiris - 5 star to evolve to 6
Wind Sorcerer Erigs - 5 star to evolve to 6

Some final information. I currently have a Limtel 5 star max but am no where close to beating double whisps to get her to 6 star so I didn't include her in possibilities for now. Also I have a Fujin 6 star.

I am really not familiar with how I would go about a one color team and have it be successful, but as you can see I had some pretty decent yellow legendaries (gluttony, Xi Wangmu, Ra, Oraakkeli, Sagittarius). Are one color teams viable? I also see a lot of people saying Ergis is valuable. Right now I have enough to involve two of the ones above. I really think that Odin will need to be one of the evolves as I would need him to conquer Tuesday Mists and Wednesday Treasures. Especially Wednesday Treasures for now. Is that a sound strategy? Who should be next? Right now I use an all color team with Limtel (capt) Sagittarius, Salamander, Sylph, and Fujin and usually either a multiplier as captain or one of the counter attack peeps. I would love to consider a one color team but I'm just really worried about generating one color of gems. I don't have anybody that converts two color gems to yellow and only Ra as a gem converter. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Erigs IS valuable. 2.5x bonus damage is nothing to take lightly.

If you want more materials, Odin's 6? is your go-to Evo. I suggest Odin, but if you have a monocolor team, consider all choices and ask yourself, "What suits my playstyle?"

For team, Odin should become the Captain. Limtel is great and all, but she does not give extra health.
And I HIGHLY recommend rolling a Humanoid. 7★ Humanoids are strong in Multicolor teams, if you can get them!
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
(08-14-2016, 07:08 AM)ISeeMyself Wrote:  Erigs IS valuable. 2.5x bonus damage is nothing to take lightly.

If you want more materials, Odin's 6? is your go-to Evo. I suggest Odin, but if you have a monocolor team, consider all choices and ask yourself, "What suits my playstyle?"

For team, Odin should become the Captain. Limtel is great and all, but she does not give extra health.
And I HIGHLY recommend rolling a Humanoid. 7★ Humanoids are strong in Multicolor teams, if you can get them!

Thanks I'll keep a lookout for them. Still getting familiar with the current types of releases. I think I'll do Odin for now and maybe pick gluttony? I read a lot of people use him for lead....but he's not even in my main team yet because I always find sagittarius attack too valuable. I think though, gluttony might work with his heal after using fujins powerful attack. I really like him lol.
I prefer to use mono-colour teams. If you have a Gem converter & an attack booster, they can work very well. I often run either a mono-blue or mono-yellow team. However, there are many players that use mono-purple & mono-red teams as well - they often use the PvP Legendary Fighters as Captains: Legendary Manticore (Purple) & Legendary Phoenix (Red). However there are still players that prefer to use multi-colour teams.

My favourite Fighters are the Elementals: Sylph, Taranis, Salamander, Undine, & Dwarf. The Elementals will convert 2 different colour Gems into their colour. Salamander converts all Blue & Green tiles to Red, for example. You have both Salamander & Erigs, both amazing Fighters for a mono-red team. If you wanted to build that team, I would suggest using Salamander as Captain & look for Friends using either a Phoenix or Lust. Use Erigs on that team & then fill in your empty spaces with other Red Fighters like an Imp, Monk, or Sharpshooter. Or you could even throw in other Fighters, like your Xi Wangmu, for an additional Attack boost, or add your Limtel or Gluttony to the team for Healing.

Gluttony is an awesome Fighter! I have used Gluttony as the Captain of my mono-yellow team for a long time. I used Gluttony as my Captain with a Friend's Yellow Elemental Captain, Taranis. It worked quite well, having Gluttony's extra Life & Attack & Energy boosts coupled with Taranis' Energy boost - all you needs is about 3 Energy times & you can fill your entire Bar.

Xi Wangmu is another awesome Fighter! I use her as my Captain when I fight against heavy hitters that can KO me in one hit. She will allow you to survive those massive attacks if your Life is nearly full. Her Active Skill is an amazing attack boost, however, in order to use it, you need to make a high line of match combos. I have a friend who uses a Xi Wangmu purely as an attack booster on the team. For this purpose, my friend has chosen to NOT evolve Xi Wangmu. Her unevolved form's Active Skill offers a lower attack boost, but it is also easier to trigger, as it requires less combos. Just a thought.

A mono yellow team for you could include:

Gluttony (Cap) + Xi Wangmu + Sagittarius + Ra + Limtel + Taranis (Friend Captain)

Or swap out Ra for a Yellow Imp if you need a stunner. I don't like Imps, but some players swear by them.

For now, Odin is probably the best choice for you. He is a great Captain in his own right, but he will also help you to beat the Material Islands, thus helping you to Evolve the rest of your Fighters in time.

I hope this helps! Good luck!
(08-14-2016, 03:54 PM)Quinn Wrote:  Xi Wangmu is another awesome Fighter! I use her as my Captain when I fight against heavy hitters that can KO me in one hit. She will allow you to survive those massive attacks if your Life is nearly full. Her Active Skill is an amazing attack boost, however, in order to use it, you need to make a high line of match combos. I have a friend who uses a Xi Wangmu purely as an attack booster on the team. For this purpose, my friend has chosen to NOT evolve Xi Wangmu. Her unevolved form's Active Skill offers a lower attack boost, but it is also easier to trigger, as it requires less combos. Just a thought.

One minor correction. Both lucky strike and lucky attack require a 7+ combo. The difference is in the amount of attack gained and the energy cost.
(08-14-2016, 11:43 PM)Joy Wrote:  One minor correction. Both lucky strike and lucky attack require a 7+ combo. The difference is in the amount of attack gained and the energy cost.

Ah! & here is 'my friend' now Smile

Thank you for catching my mistake, Joy! This is what I get when I don't double-check the Wiki before posting - I was trying to go from memory, & clearly my memory was not good enough! Thanks for having my back! I was very excited when I rolled Xi Wangmu, & I evolved her the moment she entered my vault (almost), so I never used her much in her 5-Crown form.

So, her unevolved Active Skill (Lucky Strike) is 3x Attack for all Fighters if a 7+ combo is made this turn, for a cost of 4000 Energy. Her evolved Active Skill (Lucky Attack) is 3.5x Attack for all Fighters if a 7+ combo is made this turn, for a cost of 5000 Energy.
(08-14-2016, 03:54 PM)Quinn Wrote:  I prefer to use mono-colour teams. If you have a Gem converter & an attack booster, they can work very well. I often run either a mono-blue or mono-yellow team. However, there are many players that use mono-purple & mono-red teams as well - they often use the PvP Legendary Fighters as Captains: Legendary Manticore (Purple) & Legendary Phoenix (Red). However there are still players that prefer to use multi-colour teams.

My favourite Fighters are the Elementals: Sylph, Taranis, Salamander, Undine, & Dwarf. The Elementals will convert 2 different colour Gems into their colour. Salamander converts all Blue & Green tiles to Red, for example. You have both Salamander & Erigs, both amazing Fighters for a mono-red team. If you wanted to build that team, I would suggest using Salamander as Captain & look for Friends using either a Phoenix or Lust. Use Erigs on that team & then fill in your empty spaces with other Red Fighters like an Imp, Monk, or Sharpshooter. Or you could even throw in other Fighters, like your Xi Wangmu, for an additional Attack boost, or add your Limtel or Gluttony to the team for Healing.

Gluttony is an awesome Fighter! I have used Gluttony as the Captain of my mono-yellow team for a long time. I used Gluttony as my Captain with a Friend's Yellow Elemental Captain, Taranis. It worked quite well, having Gluttony's extra Life & Attack & Energy boosts coupled with Taranis' Energy boost - all you needs is about 3 Energy times & you can fill your entire Bar.

Xi Wangmu is another awesome Fighter! I use her as my Captain when I fight against heavy hitters that can KO me in one hit. She will allow you to survive those massive attacks if your Life is nearly full. Her Active Skill is an amazing attack boost, however, in order to use it, you need to make a high line of match combos. I have a friend who uses a Xi Wangmu purely as an attack booster on the team. For this purpose, my friend has chosen to NOT evolve Xi Wangmu. Her unevolved form's Active Skill offers a lower attack boost, but it is also easier to trigger, as it requires less combos. Just a thought.

A mono yellow team for you could include:

Gluttony (Cap) + Xi Wangmu + Sagittarius + Ra + Limtel + Taranis (Friend Captain)

Or swap out Ra for a Yellow Imp if you need a stunner. I don't like Imps, but some players swear by them.

For now, Odin is probably the best choice for you. He is a great Captain in his own right, but he will also help you to beat the Material Islands, thus helping you to Evolve the rest of your Fighters in time.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Absolutely helped, great information. Thanks!
I second that line of thought, Odin is amazing for evo material islands. I don't have him, but that is what friends are for ;-)

I use Sylph every day. I lean on my purple team for frogging and spidering and chesting. The elemental energy-to-2x-attack plus her red+blue to purple color-change is a no compromise win. She is a fine Captain, and also great in the middle. On my green team I change red+blue to purple, then I use Lykopis to change all of that purple into a wall of green, then split all that green into combos using whatever silver & gold gems are left behind as dividing lines. Sylph has a great smile, too!

If you cultivate a mono purple team, you can pair it with helpers Anubis or Hel, the only guys with Captain Skills that are a huge (100k/75k) shield-ignore. Frogs & chests and lower wisps evaporate in front of a Sylph/Anubis combo of any crowns.

I'd max Odin then Sylph and then get Limtel to bi-color as quickly as possible. As less than bi-color she is just another healer, but as bi-color captain she'll get you healed from combo-3x of any of THREE colored gems: blue, green or energy/silver. That will save your life for months and months. In the middle, she has an active skill of 12,500 healing! Again: she will save your life over and over and over. Even if you need to spend some diamonds on surviving to get the green double wisp, War Holy Limtel #609 is well worth all of the agony of getting her.

Best luck! May the right gems always be with you, and may they always dance for you!

Please IM me with any questions.

(This evo question was the first and only question I asked on the boards, too ;-)