Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mythicals Round 2! (New Fighters Suggestion)
Hello, all! Quinn here. This is another Fighters suggestion that I have cooked up. Everyone loves the Mythical Fighter Series, so I have created a second wave of Legendary Greek Mythicals! Now, they may not be quite as good as the original Mythical Fighters, but I hope you like them! Thanks for reading! I appreciate your time.

Listed below are the 2nd Wave of Legendary Mythical Fighters. These Fighters are based on creatures from Greek Mythology (don't get confused by Sphinx! She is the Greek one, not the Egyptian one, though there are similarities between the two). Please let me know what you think! Leave any comments, questions, advice & feedback below. I appreciate your time & advice. Thank you!

Mythical Fighters, Round II:

Pegasus (Max Lv. 50)
School:  War
Kind: Legendary

Captain Skill:
War Army: 2x  Attack  if all Fighters on team are  War .

Active Skill:
War Assault: Cost: 3800; 2x  Attack  for  War  Fighters if at least 3 Gem War matches are made this turn.

Random Skill:
Piercing Hit: Ignore enemy’s  Defense .

Pegasus, Celestial Warhorse (Max Lv. 99)
School:  War
Kind: Legendary/ Rebel

Captain Skill:
War Legion: 3x  Attack  & 2x  Defense  if all Fighters on the team are  War .

Active Skill:
War Assault: Cost: 3800; 2x  Attack  for  War  Fighters if at least 3 Gem War matches are made this turn.

Random Skill:
Piercing Hit: Ignore enemy’s  Defense .

Arachne (Max Lv. 50)
School: Elemental

Captain Skill:
Spider Strike: 2x  Attack  & Red attacks ignore all of enemy  Defense  on combos of 8 or higher.

Active Skill:
Dazzling Web: Cost: 2600; 25% damage reduction for 2 turns.

Random Skill:
Venom: Inflict  Poison  to enemy for 600 points.

Arachne, Mother of Spiders (Max Lv. 99)
School: Elemental
Kind: Legendary/Beast

Captain Skill:
Arachnid Assault: 2.5x  Attack  &  Active Skill  & Red attacks ignore all of enemy  Defense  on combos of 8 or higher.

Active Skill:
Dazzling Weave: Cost: 4600; 40% damage reduction for 2 turns.

Random Skill:
Venom: Inflict  Poison  to enemy for 600 points.

Cerberus (Max Lv. 50)
School: Shadow

Captain Skill:
Hound of Hades: 2x  Attack  for all Shadow Fighters & 2x  Active Skill  if Hades is in the team.

Active Skill:
Double Strike: Cost: 3700; This Fighters attacks twice, but at 75% power.

Random Skill:
Daze: Stun enemy for 1 turn.

Cerberus the Hellhound (Max Lv. 99)
School: Shadow
Kind: Legendary/Beast

Captain Skill:
Hound of Hades X: 3.5x  Attack  for all Shadow Fighters & 2.5x  Active Skill  if Hades is in the team.

Active Skill:
True Double Strike: Cost: 5200; This Fighters attacks twice.

Random Skill:
Daze: Stun enemy for 1 turn.

Siren (Max Lv. 50)
School:  Transmute

Captain Skill:
Siren Song: 1.5x  Active Skill  for all  Transmute  Fighters & 2x  Attack  if Gem Energy are matched.

Active Skill:
Charm All: Cost: 5500; Sleep all enemies for 2 turns (Sleep cannot be broken while active).

Random Skill:
Steal Essence: Regenerate  Active Skill  for 3% of damage dealt.

Siren, Enchanting Song (Max Lv. 99)
School:  Transmute
Kind: Legendary/Focus

Captain Skill:
Siren Song X: 2x  Active Skill  for all  Transmute  Fighters & 2x  Attack  if Gem Energy are matched plus 1x  Attack  for each additional Gem Energy match.

Active Skill:
Charm All: Cost: 5500; Sleep all enemies for 2 turns (Sleep cannot be broken while active).

Random Skill:
Steal Essence: Regenerate  Active Skill  for 3% of damage dealt.

Sphinx (Max Lv. 50)
School:  Mech

Captain Skill:
Sphinx Riddle: 4x  Attack  if  Mech  + 2 other colours attack + Gem Energy are matched.

Active Skill:
Mech Consume: Cost: 4000; Removes all Gem TransmuteGem ElementalGem War & Gem Shadow & heals 200  Life  for each Gem removed.

Random Skill:
Energy XG Power: Convert a random Gem to Gem Energy & upgrade it to disintegrator.

Sphinx, Vexing Riddle (Max Lv. 50)
School:  Mech
Kind: Legendary/ Healer

Captain Skill:
Sphinx Riddle X: 5x  Attack  if  Mech  + 2 other colours attack + Gem Energy are matched.

Active Skill:
Greater Mech Consume: Cost: 4650; Removes all Gem TransmuteGem ElementalGem War & Gem Shadow & heals 400  Life  for each Gem removed.

Random Skill:
Energy XG Power: Convert a random Gem to Gem Energy & upgrade it to disintegrator.

---

There you have it! The Mythicals Round II! I hope you like them. Thanks for reading!  Heart

{A few notes:
Arachne's Venom Random Skill works just like any other Poison Skill - the damage is inflicted each turn & ignores enemy armour.
Siren's Evolved Captain Skill is very much like the Native Captain Skill, but with Energy Gems.
Siren's Active Skill is a Sleep Skill, however, it has a turn duration, as if it were a Stun Skill. This will put stun-resistant enemies to Sleep.
Siren's Random Skill works just like Steal Soul, but it regenerates Energy rather than Life.}
I like them a lot!

Is it intentional that siren has no cap on her captain skill? Like Joan of arc perhaps?

I would also think that that Sphinx's skill would either have to be more expensive or heal less. One would assume it would work similarly to Zeus's and leave energy as well since the energy tiles are generally not consumed in the gem based attacks.
I like the idea a lot though! Reroll and heal all in one package!
The problem with sleep is that any attack will wake them up. Change Siren's Active to Sleep and SleepAll, maybe?

Also, how is Sphinx related to Greek Pantheon? It's an Egyptian mythical beast... Might as well not interfere with the choices!

One last thing to improve: Triple Strike is not scaling well. I think you should make it double attack at full power (200% total).

Captain skills are balanced, but Arachne's armor ignore seems to be very difficult to achieve.
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
Thanks for reading! I really appreciate the feedback!

(08-31-2016, 08:55 PM)Joy Wrote:  I like them a lot!

Is it intentional that siren has no cap on her captain skill? Like Joan of arc perhaps?

I would also think that that Sphinx's skill would either have to be more expensive or heal less. One would assume it would work similarly to Zeus's and leave energy as well since the energy tiles are generally not consumed in the gem based attacks.

Thanks, Joy! I'm glad you like them!

I didn't put a cap on Siren's Captain Skill because I don't see the multiplier becoming a concern. In general, the supply of Energy on the board at one time is not very plentiful, perhaps 3-5 Energy at any given time, sometimes more depending on how matches go & gems fall. It would seem unlikely to me to be able to make more than 3 Energy matches in one turn, it will likely only be 1 or 2 Energy matches per turn on average. Three Energy matches would equate to an attack boost of 4x. However, if you think there should be a cap, I can understand. Perhaps 5x, like the Natives?

Sphinx is like the opposite of an Archangel - it heals rather than deals damage. I'm glad you like the concept! When I first designed the Fighter, it left Yellow & Energy behind. But I changed it to also remove Energy. I thought it would too strong if it left all Yellow & Energy, or I would have to increase the cost drastically. By having her also remove Energy, it makes the Skill less powerful, as you may or many not get the Energy back after the shuffle. Plus, I thought leaving the Energy behind as well would make the Captain Skill easier to use, making it more powerful that it perhaps should be.

Does that reasoning make any sense? Haha. Do you suggest the Active Skill be changed to remove all gems except Yellow & Energy? I am open to all adjustments that might need to be made.

(09-02-2016, 09:41 AM)ISeeMyself Wrote:  The problem with sleep is that any attack will wake them up. Change Siren's Active to Sleep and SleepAll, maybe?

Also, how is Sphinx related to Greek Pantheon? It's an Egyptian mythical beast... Might as well not interfere with the choices!

One last thing to improve: Triple Strike is not scaling well. I think you should make it double attack at full power (200% total).

Captain skills are balanced, but Arachne's armor ignore seems to be very difficult to achieve.

Siren's Sleep Skill is not intended to like the ordinary Sleep - it cannot be interrupted. It's basically a Stun that ignores Stun-resist. Too powerful?

I struggled with Triple Strike. I couldn't find that balance sweet-spot. I wanted to go with three attacks because, well... it's Cerberus! Haha. But I like your suggestion. I will likely make that change. Thank you!

Like Cerberus & the Triple Strike, Arachne's Spider Strike is mostly for flavour & keeping true to the mythology - 8 strikes for a Spider. It is a little high of a Combo, but it also will ignore ALL armour, no mater how high it might be. I though the trade off what worth it. Do you think that maybe the other aspects of the Captain Skill could be buffed to make up the difference? Like 2.5x attack & 2x energy?

There are major differences between the Egyptian (Ethiopian) Sphinx & the Greek Sphinx. The Egyptian Sphinx is often a benevolent figure, & is depicted as having the body of a lion & the upper body & head of a human (general masculine or sexless). They are guardians & are always depicted as lying down. The common Egyptian Sphinxes are often referred to as androsphinges, so as not to confuse them with the ram-like Sphinxes.
When adopted into the Grecian mythology, the Sphinx changed quite a bit. The Greek Sphinx is female - a creature having the body & haunches of a Lion, the breasts & head of a woman, & eagles wings (sometimes also depicted as having a serpent tail). In short, the Sphinx (born of Orthus and Chimaera) was sent to plague Thebes because of a great crime & for offending the Gods. The Sphinx harassed the youth of Thebes & devoured all who could not answer her riddle. She was a vicious & intelligent beast with a thirst for flesh & blood. The King was despaired & offered his throne to any man who could destroy the Sphinx. Oedipus took up the challenge. Depending on the version of the tale, Oedipus correctly answered the riddle of the Sphinx & the Sphinx then cast herself off of a cliff & perished.
In some versions, the Sphinx is sent by Hera, other say it was is Hades, Ares, or even Dionysus who sent the Sphinx. There are other variations in the tale, but the key elements of the myth are common to all versions.

Thanks for the feedback, ISeeMyself! I always enjoying reading.

---

Keep the feedback coming! I need all of the help I can get. Thank you!
(09-02-2016, 01:01 PM)Quinn Wrote:  Thanks for reading! I really appreciate the feedback!

(08-31-2016, 08:55 PM)Joy Wrote:  I like them a lot!

Thanks, Joy! I'm glad you like them!

I didn't put a cap on Siren's Captain Skill because I don't see the multiplier becoming a concern. In general, the supply of Energy on the board at one time is not very plentiful, perhaps 3-5 Energy at any given time, sometimes more depending on how matches go & gems fall. It would seem unlikely to me to be able to make more than 3 Energy matches in one turn, it will likely only be 1 or 2 Energy matches per turn on average. Three Energy matches would equate to an attack boost of 4x. However, if you think there should be a cap, I can understand. Perhaps 5x, like the Natives?

Sphinx is like the opposite of an Archangel - it heals rather than deals damage. I'm glad you like the concept! When I first designed the Fighter, it left Yellow & Energy behind. But I changed it to also remove Energy. I thought it would too strong if it left all Yellow & Energy, or I would have to increase the cost drastically. By having her also remove Energy, it makes the Skill less powerful, as you may or many not get the Energy back after the shuffle. Plus, I thought leaving the Energy behind as well would make the Captain Skill easier to use, making it more powerful that it perhaps should be.

Does that reasoning make any sense? Haha. Do you suggest the Active Skill be changed to remove all gems except Yellow & Energy? I am open to all adjustments that might need to be made.

(09-02-2016, 09:41 AM)ISeeMyself Wrote:  The problem with sleep is that any attack will wake them up. Change Siren's Active to Sleep and SleepAll, maybe?

Siren's Sleep Skill is not intended to like the ordinary Sleep - it cannot be interrupted. It's basically a Stun that ignores Stun-resist. Too powerful?

I struggled with Triple Strike. I couldn't find that balance sweet-spot. I wanted to go with three attacks because, well... it's Cerberus! Haha. But I like your suggestion. I will likely make that change. Thank you!

Like Cerberus & the Triple Strike, Arachne's Spider Strike is mostly for flavour & keeping true to the mythology - 8 strikes for a Spider. It is a little high of a Combo, but it also will ignore ALL armour, no mater how high it might be. I though the trade off what worth it. Do you think that maybe the other aspects of the Captain Skill could be buffed to make up the difference? Like 2.5x attack & 2x energy?

There are major differences between the Egyptian (Ethiopian) Sphinx & the Greek Sphinx. The Egyptian Sphinx is often a benevolent figure, & is depicted as having the body of a lion & the upper body & head of a human (general masculine or sexless). They are guardians & are always depicted as lying down. The common Egyptian Sphinxes are often referred to as androsphinges, so as not to confuse them with the ram-like Sphinxes.
When adopted into the Grecian mythology, the Sphinx changed quite a bit. The Greek Sphinx is female - a creature having the body & haunches of a Lion, the breasts & head of a woman, & eagles wings (sometimes also depicted as having a serpent tail). In short, the Sphinx (born of Orthus and Chimaera) was sent to plague Thebes because of a great crime & for offending the Gods. The Sphinx harassed the youth of Thebes & devoured all who could not answer her riddle. She was a vicious & intelligent beast with a thirst for flesh & blood. The King was despaired & offered his throne to any man who could destroy the Sphinx. Oedipus took up the challenge. Depending on the version of the tale, Oedipus correctly answered the riddle of the Sphinx & the Sphinx then cast herself off of a cliff & perished.
In some versions, the Sphinx is sent by Hera, other say it was is Hades, Ares, or even Dionysus who sent the Sphinx. There are other variations in the tale, but the key elements of the myth are common to all versions.

Thanks for the feedback, ISeeMyself! I always enjoying reading.

---

Keep the feedback coming! I need all of the help I can get. Thank you!

If Siren's song needs to be powerful, change it to Charm or leave it as is. Sirens charm their prey to death.

Arachne could use a buff. Guaranteed 6x† poison attack (ignores 66666 of Armor, not all of it) + ignore ALL armor at 8x combos. There's no Fighter with guaranteed poison yet.

I might take a second read on Greek Pantheon, but I'm on a vacation right now :/
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
I'm a big fan of Greek mythology and the game uses a lot of it so these would fit right in.

I think if siren is going to use a limited turn sleep it should be named differently. Instead of working like stun what if it was a sleep that wasn't broken until damage passed a certain amount or a percentage of the targets life?

Sphinx using energy tiles weakens his captain skill pretty significantly.

All around they aren't bad. I think it's cool how you worked in aspects of the characters into their skills.
(09-05-2016, 09:54 PM)Milky Wrote:  I'm a big fan of Greek mythology and the game uses a lot of it so these would fit right in.

I think if siren is going to use a limited turn sleep it should be named differently. Instead of working like stun what if it was a sleep that wasn't broken until damage passed a certain amount or a percentage of the targets life?

Sphinx using energy tiles weakens his captain skill pretty significantly.

All around they aren't bad. I think it's cool how you worked in aspects of the characters into their skills.

Thanks for reading, Milky! I appreciate the feedback!

The way Siren's Sleep is supposed to work is it is essentially a Stun that bypasses Stun resistance - it is a 2-turn Sleep that cannot be broken. I really like your suggestion on the percentage! That is a really cool concept. But I think it might have some issues in functionality & balance. One of the issues that could be encountered (& it has been discussed briefly in an other topic) is that in by doing a Skill like this based on damage, & even on percentage of life, it tends to either be too powerful or not powerful enough. Say it were set at 10.000 damage. That might work fine in Story Mode Islands for the first few Islands, but would then become underpowered in the later Islands. & in PvP play, 10.000 damage is quite minuscule. If it were a percentage of life, it could act in the opposite direction. In Island play, it would be weak, because many opponent's do not have overly-high amounts of life (except the big bosses, & some of the enemies of New Horizon & Ancient Japan). But in PvP when facing enemies with 2 mil+ Life, it could become overpowered.

I think I will take your suggestion & adjust Sphinx's Active Skill to exclude Energy gems.

Thanks again! I'm glad you like the concepts & figures.
The Fighters have been updated! & I have added the new Icons. & I must say, those new Icons make the post look absolutely beautiful!

---

I have buffed Arachne by giving her an attack boost & an energy boost for ALL Fighters, not just Shadow Fighters.
I have also altered Arachne, Mother of Spiders 's Active Skill - Higher cost, higher damage reduction, but one less turn duration.
Cerberus the Hellhound's Active Skill has also been altered - increased cost & the attack is now a double attack at full strength.
I changed the name of Siren's Active Skill & added a little more text to it.
Sphinx has changed quite a bit. I changed the gems Consume will use & lowered the healing amount.

Let me know what you think of the changes! Thanks! Leave your comments below!
Hi Quinn, Smile I like this fighters idea but I have some problems... :/

Pegasus is cool!

Arachne... I don't like it... you see...
Hermes' Captain Skill: 3x Attack and 2x Active Skill for shadow fighters & survive any attack only 1 time.
Arachne's Captain Skill: 2x Attack & 2x Active Skill & purple attacks ignore all of enemy Defense  on combos of 8 or higher. (I know this skill let you use a multicolor team but anyway, I prefer use Hermes with a monocolor team).
Arachne seems not useful... I won't use it. (sorry)
I think you must change the captain skill. What do you say?

I really like Cerberus but I don't think you can use it with a good team. You see, Hades is purple and blue, I can't think a team where you like use Cerberus + Hades and make a strong team, I don't like it...
I think you need change Cerberus to purple, and make Arachne red, maybe... :/
I like the idea of use Hades in the team but I don't find useful the combination "Leader Red and Hades Purple/Blue"... :/
I don't know what you think about it.

Active Skills of Pegasus, Cerberus and Arachne are really cool! I love them Smile

I love the Siren <3 I picture her in my mind and I love her right now jaja Smile but I'm not sure about the active skill.
I read "Charm All" and I imagine other thing, like "convert 1 column to healing" (or disintegrator) or something like that... I think sleep the enemy is not useful anymore... :/ I don't know what you say, let me kow Smile

Sphinx is perfect!! The cost of active skils is fair! Wink I like it

I will wait your answer! I like your ideas and your desire to make this game better and better! See you, my friend Smile
ID: 740.310.533
USER: GeorgeST
CLAN: Immortals
Our Naga http://skydoms.wikia.com/wiki/Majestic_Naga was based on a Siren, so we won't be doing a new one for now! I really like Pegasus but maybe he deserves his own saga. Cerberus and Sphinx on the other hand...