Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ancient Japan boss
Has anyone managed to beat the final boss without diamonds? i managed to get him down to 9 million life before i had to use one, i wasn't using maximum boosts so maybe i could of got a bit further but certainly not to the end. Obviously a blue team would be ideal but without a gryphon/phoenix/manticore equivalent then this is the team i went with:
Set/Gryphon captains
Micheal
Xi Wangmu
Capricorn
Dwarf
Perhaps ogre instead of Micheal but i'm not sure even with a max energy boost you could use all 4 skills required to survive the later hits. I'unno, maybe someone else can shed some light
(09-05-2016, 12:53 AM)Mel Hill Wrote:  Has anyone managed to beat the final boss without diamonds? i managed to get him down to 9 million life before i had to use one, i wasn't using maximum boosts so maybe i could of got a bit further but certainly not to the end. Obviously a blue team would be ideal but without a gryphon/phoenix/manticore equivalent then this is the team i went with:
Set/Gryphon captains
Micheal
Xi Wangmu
Capricorn
Dwarf
Perhaps ogre instead of Micheal but i'm not sure even with a max energy boost you could use all 4 skills required to survive the later hits. I'unno, maybe someone else can shed some light

I beat him last weekend. Zero diamonds or boosts. I used two oraakeli captains. My team was taranis, bicolor choden, 6 crown xi wangmu, and bicolor Morgan.
First I used choden, then taranis, to convert gems them I boosted my attack with xi wangmu and Morgan.
I lined up an 8x combo and luck turned it into a 17x.
Unfortunately the one hit strategy isn't viable without a lot of luck/skill.

Any team that consists of a witch and damage reducer plus a healer and gem converting fighter can work it's just slower.
Unfortunately you have to go with a single color team unless you have Grendel's mother because the witch skill is critical to winning.

Bicolor Poseidon is handy also Morgan and bicolor Minotaur is an effective damage reduction + 2x attack for a yellow team. Yeti and Freya captains paired with demeter and either mighty dwarf or palden+ lykopis are also teams to consider.

You can farm the witches and ents from earlier stages if that helps.
ahhh, i didn't consider the "one hit" method, i guess with anything it's attributed to a little bit of luck Smile the issue i came accross with a slower approach was obviously the increase in strength attacks he performs, the more he hit me but what actually killed me of was being stunned. i guess the longer it takes to win, the more chance you have of taking "great stun". Once the captains go your defense is nothing, lol.
once i've levelled up my kui xing i might go back and try this team:
Hotu matu Captains
Undine
Kui xing
Kraken
"insert fighter here"
start with full energy boost and see what happens
The witches prevent your fighters from being stunned. You can capture the blue one from lvl 249 but it takes awhile. I've hunted her about 15 times without a capture and it took 28 runs to catch the yellow. You may have them already as they seem to come out of the rare machine pretty regularly.
yea i have a few of them, but again, it's based on luck because every 3rd hit you can be stunned and it might just be me but this game has a nasty habit of employing "sods law" to come and spoil the day, lol
I'm sorry Mel. i had never actually used the witches and didn't know they had a gap that allowed stuns. I had to run tests with them to see what you meant. 3 turns of protection, 4 turns before you can reuse her skill.

That's a huge detriment to their utility. These fighters have one job and they kind of stink at it.
I used 2 Growlers and just kept playing until I hit a 10x combo. He one hit killed me after every miss but stamina is cheaper than buying diamonds HA!

I use there blue witch for my pvp captain. I've never had a stunner live long enough to lose my stun resistance so I didn't know she couldn't keep me covered. Good to know.
lol Joy, i only assumed their skill was equivalent to their stun counterpart so thanks for confirming that.
Also a good point Milky, i have only ever really been able to guarantee 7 hit combo's every turn but the odds are 10 hit wouldn't take too many tries. i might get round to levelling up my growler in anticipation for the next island to come along Smile
(09-05-2016, 12:53 AM)Mel Hill Wrote:  Has anyone managed to beat the final boss without diamonds? i managed to get him down to 9 million life before i had to use one, i wasn't using maximum boosts so maybe i could of got a bit further but certainly not to the end. Obviously a blue team would be ideal but without a gryphon/phoenix/manticore equivalent then this is the team i went with:
Set/Gryphon captains
Micheal
Xi Wangmu
Capricorn
Dwarf

Hi, everyone!
I beated him with a similar team to joy, but used Steam Buster instead of Xi Wangmu.
This is a really hard boss and i've tried it several times with different teams. I finally kicked his ass in 2 turns (some times he has 2 turns to attack) and I've turned him blue, used bicolor choden, then taranis and finally Steam buster. My team leader was Aella 6 Crowns .
I used the witches to hunt scarecrow and turns out that the witches will work to constantly protect you from stun. The will be greyed out on the 4th turn but clicking them activates them even though the look like they won't work.