Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for building a good team?
I have some pretty good fighters in PvP, but seem to lose almost every time I'm attacked. Can anyone give me some good tips on building a stronger team?

I have a few dragons in my fighters book...would they be better served being on my PvP team?

Good fighters to use? Good combinations?

Any input would be appreciated.
If you have Shadow Dragon, beef it up and put it in either first or last stage. Most of the time, if the enemy is not sufficiently strong, they will choke where you place it.

Golems are great Boss Stage defenders, but I recommend investing on the Tower stages and getting Rhodes and the like.
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
Generally, the best Fighters to have as PvP Defenders are Fighters what attack every turn, like Shadow Dragon. Also, for the best defence, you will want to use Fighters with PvP Skills & Boss Skills - this will add strength to your Battleground. A Defender with a PvP Skill can use it's Skill on any stage of the Battleground, but a Boss Skill will only work if that Defender is placed in the final stage of your battleground, the boss stage.

Shadow Dragon is a very popular choice for PvP Defence, as it attacks each turn, & it has an attack-boosting Boss Skill, which can be nice. Shadow Dragon can work as either a stage 1 Defender, or as a Boss stage Defender. If Shadow Dragon is placed as a Boss, be sure to place a Shadow Fighter(s) in the first stage; this will allow for a stronger first strike against the opponent.

The Boss stage is important, but I have always considered stage 1 to be the most important. In stage one, you can catch the opponent off guard with a strong Defender(s), & sometimes you can defeat an opponent before they are able to build up Energy, or use needed Skills, like healing, stun, or damage reduction.

There are many excellent Legendary Fighters that make great Defenders, such as the Egyptian Gods, Chinese Gods, Greek Gods, & Archangels. But, I know how precious Legendary Fighters are. If you don't want to sacrifice your Legendary Fighters, there are other options. The Lair Dragons, Gate Golems, & Tower Denizens can all be useful PvP Defenders. You can also use three 4-Crown Elves in one stage, or three 4-Crown Spectres in one stage - they can be very powerful if they all attack together. Bi-color Elves & Pirates can also prove to be useful Defenders, if you have them.

Another thing to keep in mind is bi-colour school Fighters. Some PvP Boss Skills will say that they affect one colour, or School, of Defender - like Shadow Dragon; Shadow Dragon boosts the attack power of all Purple Defenders. Any bi-colour Defenders will count as both colours simultaneously. For example, bi-colour Cronla is a Yellow-Purple Fighter/Defender. For any PvP Boss Skills - like Shadow Dragon - Cronla will count as both a Yellow Defender & a Purple Defender, so she would get the bonus from Shadow Dragon.

I would encourage you to try different Defenders in your Battleground & test it often. Testing your own Battleground costs you nothing, & you can learn what Defenders work better for you. Testing can also be useful to you to try out new offensive PvP teams as well.

That's a lot of information all at once. But I hope it helps! If you have any other questions, please ask.

Good luck!

(Oh! & by the way, if you are comfortable with sharing some of your Defenders on here, we can help you decide what Fighters to use & where to place them on your Battleground.)
Do only the Legendaries have Boss and PvP skills?
Right now they're restricted to certain Legendary families (more than 70). There will be more in time.
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
Thanks for the tips. I'm working on improving my team.

If I get a chance, I will post some of my PvP fighters and you can let me know what you think.
The night gaunts are non legendary with pvp skills. Extremely annoying pvp skills!
The Wyvern Fighters, along with the Nightgaunts, are non-legendary Fighters with PvP Skills. Hammer Time.

PvP & Boss Skills were also limited to only 6-Crown Fighters & higher, but that changed with the newly added Guardian Beasts - they have Skills in their 5-Crown form as well their 6-Crown.
(10-11-2016, 03:53 PM)Quinn Wrote:  The Wyvern Fighters, along with the Nightgaunts, are non-legendary Fighters with PvP Skills. Hammer Time.

PvP & Boss Skills were also limited to only 6-Crown Fighters & higher, but that changed with the newly added Guardian Beasts - they have Skills in their 5-Crown form as well their 6-Crown.

Hammertime appears to give less time to move gems. Has anyone confirmed this?
(10-14-2016, 05:59 PM)goldbit Wrote:  Hammertime appears to give less time to move gems. Has anyone confirmed this?

Yes. That is what can make fighting the Wyvern & Naightgaunts so annoying in PvP. If you look them up on the Wiki, their PvP Skill is actually called 'Heavy Puzzle." According to the Wiki, Heavy Puzzle will give players less time to move gems for 10 turns. This Skill will remain in effect even after the Defender has been defeated, so the Hammer Time will carry over to the next stage of battle. It can also stack - meaning that, if you encounter two Wyvern in a row, your time to make moves will become even shorter; two Hammer Times in place at once. It can be very tricky at times! So beware.