Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for building a good team?
(10-14-2016, 07:03 PM)Quinn Wrote:  
(10-14-2016, 05:59 PM)goldbit Wrote:  Hammertime appears to give less time to move gems. Has anyone confirmed this?

Yes. That is what can make fighting the Wyvern & Naightgaunts so annoying in PvP. If you look them up on the Wiki, their PvP Skill is actually called 'Heavy Puzzle." According to the Wiki, Heavy Puzzle will give players less time to move gems for 10 turns. This Skill will remain in effect even after the Defender has been defeated, so the Hammer Time will carry over to the next stage of battle. It can also stack - meaning that, if you encounter two Wyvern in a row, your time to make moves will become even shorter; two Hammer Times in place at once. It can be very tricky at times! So beware.
Thanks Quinn.
I have on my PvP team, among others:
War Dragon
Queen of Damned Nissa
Holy Priestess Limtel
Cannon Master Every
Balance Wave Tashi
Savu, the Toxic Vile
Deadly Shot Drake
Laser Shot Naurim
Emerging Shot Tendor
Mudagog Mace Crusher
Black Bart Roberts
Rina
Seppuku, the Remnant
Lady Sherwen
Elite Marksman Grimer
Elite Marksman Craven
Soughat Basherhead
Palden

plus a couple knights, goblns, woodoos, alimania, fairies and some others

Which would be the best defenders?

Also, I have a couple dragons, Wyvern, Trion, Charybdis and Leo in my fighters vault. I'm planning to move Wyvern yo my PvP team once it is evolved. Would I be better served to move a couple of the others to my PvP team?
Hmm... Given the Fighters on your list you could try a couple of things...

War Dragon might be your best Boss, as it has a Boss Skill that will boost the attack of all of your Green Fighters. Shadow Dragon is the best Defender of the Dragons, because it attacks every turn. But War Dragon & Transmute Dragon can be effective Bosses too.

If you use War Dragon as Boss, you could try using Cannon Master Every on stage 1, as he will gain the attack boost from War Dragon. Or, if that does not work, you could try War Dragon as Boss, & in stage 1 place Lady Limtel, Seppuku the Remnant (the 4-Crown Spectres are stronger than 4-Crown Elves), & then another single turn attacker - preferably another 4-Crown Elf or Spectre, but a Green Woodoo or Knight could potentially fill in the gap.

If you had a Transmute Dragon as Boss, you could have some success with using Savu the Toxic Vile in stage 1.

It could be difficult to maintain Green Boosts on both Stage 1 & the Boss Stage. You might be able to better maintain your boosts if you only used boots on one stage or the other, probably stage 1 in your case - try to defeat your opponent before they can generate Energy by packing a lot of firepower into stage 1.

I hope that helps a little bit. If you have any other battleground questions, please post them!

(& if anyone has any better suggestions on a defensive team in this case, please speak up!)
(10-17-2016, 11:43 PM)Quinn Wrote:  Hmm... Given the Fighters on your list you could try a couple of things...

War Dragon might be your best Boss, as it has a Boss Skill that will boost the attack of all of your Green Fighters. Shadow Dragon is the best Defender of the Dragons, because it attacks every turn. But War Dragon & Transmute Dragon can be effective Bosses too.

If you use War Dragon as Boss, you could try using Cannon Master Every on stage 1, as he will gain the attack boost from War Dragon. Or, if that does not work, you could try War Dragon as Boss, & in stage 1 place Lady Limtel, Seppuku the Remnant (the 4-Crown Spectres are stronger than 4-Crown Elves), & then another single turn attacker - preferably another 4-Crown Elf or Spectre, but a Green Woodoo or Knight could potentially fill in the gap.

If you had a Transmute Dragon as Boss, you could have some success with using Savu the Toxic Vile in stage 1.

It could be difficult to maintain Green Boosts on both Stage 1 & the Boss Stage. You might be able to better maintain your boosts if you only used boots on one stage or the other, probably stage 1 in your case - try to defeat your opponent before they can generate Energy by packing a lot of firepower into stage 1.

I hope that helps a little bit. If you have any other battleground questions, please post them!

(& if anyone has any better suggestions on a defensive team in this case, please speak up!)

I'm have a Wyvern, Trion and Rhodes. Would any or all of them be good PvP fighters?

I'm assuming since Rhodes was so hard to defeat, he would be a good PvP choice. But should I evolve him first?
(10-19-2016, 02:27 PM)Sharkman Wrote:  I'm have a Wyvern, Trion and Rhodes. Would any or all of them be good PvP fighters?

I'm assuming since Rhodes was so hard to defeat, he would be a good PvP choice. But should I evolve him first?

Rhodes is a decent Defender. He will give to all of your Green Defenders +15% Attack boost & Life boost. Which it pretty good. I'd say it is probably on the same level as the War Dragon, as War Dragon boosts only attack, but it is a 25% boost. I tend to favour the higher attack boost over life boost, but extra life can be effective as well. Extra attack is a short-term defence strategy, while extra life is a long-term strategy.

Rhodes could replace War Dragon as Boss & work fairly well. But if you do place Rhodes in PvP, you will want to evolve him first, as he will be much more powerful & his Boss Skill boosts will be higher.

The Wyvern & Nightgaunt Fighters can be helpful Defenders, as they have the PvP Skill of Hammer Time, taking time away from the opponent to make moves. They are not amazing Defenders, but they can bolster your battleground. You will want to evolve the Wyvern or Nightgaunt before placing it in PvP to gain the Skill. It's best placement on the battlefield will probably be in the stage just before the Boss, so that the opponent will have less time to move gems while Fighting your Boss.