Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beating Rhodes in War Tower
Rhodes has beaten me a couple times in level 2 of the war Tower. Any tips on beating him?
Hel. Or you're dead. (Hel as a co-captain turns you into a glass cannon, but she still ignores 100K armor at 6Crowns, so who cares)
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
Why wouldn't I be able to use Odin or Anubis as captain or co-captain? Anubis ignores 100,000 with purple and yellow fighters. Odin's active skill is to ignore enemy armor.

If I use Hel as captain (which cuts my life pool in half), can I use Odin as the other captain and get some of my life pool back?
Hel + Damage dealers and 5Crowns War Witch. Odin is also fine, if you have enough energy to cast Disarm. Without his Defense, Rhodes is weak as paper.

Also, scrap Hel, Rhodes has scaling Shield values, which makes Odin etc. mandatory.
I don't have hel or Odin I thought about going for a green team using the green witch so that no fighters can get stunned is there any green fighters that you could suggest as captain or co cap would bicolor trixy be part of those fighters covered by Freia ( green anti stun) seeing that she is now half green??
I used the yellow dragon to ignore his shield for 2 turns. Worked well on level 3, with that and an all yellow team. Didn't have a non-stunner.
(10-15-2016, 12:08 AM)mum Wrote:  I don't have hel or Odin I thought about going for a green team using the green witch so that no fighters can get stunned is there any green fighters that you could suggest as captain or co cap would bicolor trixy be part of those fighters covered by Freia ( green anti stun) seeing that she is now half green??

Trixy is affected by the anti-stun as well. She is also strong against War Fighters (ACC).

I recommend Moctezuma for monocolor War teams, but Elemental with enough firepower work as well.
I tried Odin as captain, but no luck. One hit from Rhodes and I was done. I'm going to try a Co-Captain with great counter survive to see if that will work.
(10-16-2016, 04:11 PM)John Bean Wrote:  I tried Odin as captain, but no luck.  One hit from Rhodes and I was done.  I'm going to try a Co-Captain with great counter survive to see if that will work.

Great Counter Survive (especially after the nerf) will only delay the inevitable death. If you want to keep yourself afloat, though, why not.
To the contrary, my strategy worked well in level 2 of the War Tower. I used Holy Priestess Limtel as my captain, and a Super Counter Survive (Zhurong, God of the South) as the co-captain.

I had Odin, a sharpshooter, stunner and an anti-stun on my team but mostly relied on Limtel for healing and Zhurong to do the damage.

Several times I went down to 1, but was able to build it back up with matching tiles and using Limtel for healing.

I'm going to try it on level 3 and see how it works.