Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beating Rhodes in War Tower
[Image: tumblr_n2p2hykwWO1rkumvuo1_500.gif]

Another reason why Survive skills are broken.
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
(10-17-2016, 05:26 AM)ISeeMyself Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_n2p2hykwWO1rkumvuo1_500.gif]

Another reason why Survive skills are broken.

I'm not sure if that is supposed to be humor or sarcasm???

Perhaps the survival skills aren't broken, perhaps that's the way theyare supposed to work. Whether the area or aren't, that's what I used to beat Rhodes in level 2...with assistance from co-captain Holy Priestess Limtel, a stunner, Odin, and anti-stunner and a 4x spectre. To win, you'll need to be pretty good at matching gems to keep generating stamina and energy.

I also used the same team to beat him in level 3, but I did have to use a gem because he killed me once. On the bright side, I now have a Rhodes on my team Smile
Monocolor with the right witch that you have to use one stage before him with either heavy hitting (native captain + island lord are absolute minimum, try red team if possible) or armor ignoring. He's easy if you have bkb and deso don't get caught in starting stun and have ways to deal with armor.

I wonder how tier 3 Taz is going to work.
GG WP NO RE.
(10-17-2016, 10:26 PM)IRQ Wrote:  Monocolor with the right witch that you have to use one stage before him with either heavy hitting (native captain + island lord are absolute minimum, try red team if possible) or armor ignoring. He's easy if you have bkb and deso don't get caught in starting stun and have ways to deal with armor.

I wonder how tier 3 Taz is going to work.

Tier 3 Taz = Probably ignores a few hits

I can 1-turn nuke Rhodes with 2x Atahualpa combo. You're already dead, Tony Rhodes.
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
The Limtel + Counterattack Survival Captains team is a good example of tactics over strategy. These teams do not win because they are well-designed, well-built, well thought out, or used in a strategic way; they win because of mechanics. Very little effort or strategic planning goes into these teams - but they still win certain scenarios with ease because of the way the game mechanics work. Essentially, all the player needs to do is keep their life at a certain amount each round - the counter-strike does the rest of the work - & voila! win. It is not strategic, it is tactical.

These builds do not take full advantage of their Fighters or the team as a whole. They also do not help players improve their skills, they just help them 'get by' & pass on to the next stage or Battleground.

These teams are poorly build because they do not utilize their Fighters, or the team as a whole, to its fullest potential. But they win. & to most players, that is all that matters.

I think these team builds undermine the real beauty of the Survival captains, & are not using them in the most advantageous way.

Now, I do not want it to sound like I am insulting those players who choose to use these teams - not at all! I am criticizing the team build from an analytical standpoint, not criticizing those who use them.
(10-18-2016, 04:29 PM)Quinn Wrote:  The Limtel + Counterattack Survival Captains team is a good example of tactics over strategy. These teams do not win because they are well-designed, well-built, well thought out, or used in a strategic way; they win because of mechanics. Very little effort or strategic planning goes into these teams - but they still win certain scenarios with ease because of the way the game mechanics work. Essentially, all the player needs to do is keep their life at a certain amount each round - the counter-strike does the rest of the work - & voila! win. It is not strategic, it is tactical.

These builds do not take full advantage of their Fighters or the team as a whole. They also do not help players improve their skills, they just help them 'get by' & pass on to the next stage or Battleground.
/
These teams are poorly build because they do not utilize their Fighters, or the team as a whole, to its fullest potential. But they win. & to most players, that is all

I think these team builds undermine the real beauty of the Survival captains, & are not using them in the most advantageous way.

Now, I do not want it to sound like I am insulting those players who choose to use these teams - not at all! I am criticizing the team build from an analytical standpoint, not criticizing those who use them.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. To beat Rhodes, the counter survive is a huge help...but I also had to use a combination of stunner and anti-stunner fighters, as well as being good at matching, to defeat him. Perhaps my team isn't as strong as yours, so maybe that's the only way I could defeat him. But in my opinion, a victory is a victory no matter what combination of fighters you use. We can take different path to get to the same place.

With that said, you are obviously more skilled and experienced as this game than I...and I'm always looking to improve my skills and strategies. So, out of curiosity, what fighters did you use to defeat Rhodes?
(10-19-2016, 02:21 PM)Sharkman Wrote:  With that said, you are obviously more skilled and experienced as this game than I...and I'm always looking to improve my skills and strategies. So, out of curiosity, what fighters did you use to defeat Rhodes?

Just because I may have more Fighters than you or 'better' Fighters, does not mean that I am any more skilled or capable than you or any other player. But I have had quite a bit of practise at it, haha - after thousands & thousands of games.
Good Fighters certainly play a huge role in player & team strength, but with enough time & practice, any player can perform well at this game & recognize how to build an effective team how to strategize & plan their moves. & of course, a little well-placed luck can help as well, haha!

I decided that the reward of the War Tower was not worth the investment for me, so I didn't even finish the War Tower this round. I did beat the Elemental Tower & Mech Tower, though. The Tower Fighters will not help me to improve my teams, so I don't really need them or want them. & I didn't really want to pay that much Stamina just for 1 Diamond, haha - I decided to spend my Stamina on other things, rather than on the Tower. But...

If I were to tackle Rhodes & the War Tower, I likely would've used a strong Red team. Probably something like: Phoenix + Salamander + Erigs + Odin + Yula + Phoenix. Or perhaps swap Salamander for Captain & use Aries on the team for healing. or swap Erigs for either Aries or Cyclops. Or even: Isis + Salamander + Odin + Yula + Cyclops + Phoenix, on the hardest level. I may also have tried an all Yellow or Green team, using Xi Wangmu as Captain; using Rina the Witch or Grendel's Mother for anti-stun & Torikhan instead of Odin, for a Yellow team.

The key elements are an armour nullifier & an anti-stunner. Which you used. I'm not saying that you did not plan your team, or that you did not use skill to defeat Rhodes. Your approach was a more passive, while mine is more aggressive.

I have no issue with the Survival Captains, I think they can be fun & interesting to use, I just believe that some team builds that incorporate the Counterattack Captains are missing the real beauty of those Fighters & not utilizing them to their fullest potential.

I had a beautiful Xi Wangmu team at one point, but when the Egyptian Defenders changed & Extra Hit became increasing popular in PvP, the Chinese Gods lost their edge. They can still be excellent Fighters, but only if you know what you're Fighting first. Going into a PvP match blind with a Survival Captain is a terrible idea in my opinion - it is too easy for them to die to a multi-hit. I consider them to obsolete in PvP anymore, in Champions League. There are too many Envy, Egyptians, & bi-colour Humanoids... But now I am rambling & going off topic, haha
Quinn...thank you for your reply. Your team choice sounds like a good one, but I don't have Salamander, Erigs, Aries, Cyclops or Phoenix on my team. So my options may be more limited than yours, but I appreciate the input none the less. I should have similar fighters, and it gives me another option that may be effective in these situations.

As far as the reward vs. the investment...I'm the kind of player who wants to beat every island...just because they're there...lol. And after losing a couple times to Rhodes, I thought "If he's that tough for me to beat, he'd probably make a great addition to my PvP battleground". I'm not sure of the game works that way, but that was my assumption.