Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteering to deal with Spambots
It's in the title. Due to waves after waves of spambots, that is. They're cluttering the forums and need to be dealt with very quickly. Most of the time they're advertisers, sometimes they're malicious, yet they don't give up.

Will be removing my "Regarding Spambots" thread, since this has become a common issue.

EDIT: I decided to keep the thread up for Archive purposes.
ded gaem, etermax disband
Lineup (Red): Atahualpa, Grimer, Annlis (6★), Fenris, Salamander (5★)
ID: 997.071.092
Spam spam spammy spam spammy.

The forum now has enough spam to start a restaurant in Hawaii.
Come on ISM, you know well you won't even get an answer. Devs care about the forum even less than about the players. If it's actually possible.
GG WP NO RE.
(11-07-2016, 07:29 AM)Joy Wrote:  Spam spam spammy spam spammy.

Mmmmmm, spam...

(11-07-2016, 08:50 AM)IRQ Wrote:  Come on ISM, you know well you won't even get an answer. Devs care about the forum even less than about the players. If it's actually possible.

*slow clap*
(11-07-2016, 01:55 PM)ISeeMyself Wrote:  
(11-07-2016, 07:29 AM)Joy Wrote:  Spam spam spammy spam spammy.

Mmmmmm, spam...

(11-07-2016, 08:50 AM)IRQ Wrote:  Come on ISM, you know well you won't even get an answer. Devs care about the forum even less than about the players. If it's actually possible.

*slow clap*

There's so much spam you can't even read the boards.
There has been an influx of spammers here on the forum recently. I apologize! They are quite bothersome. I am doing what I can to eliminate them as quickly as possible. Thank you.
(11-15-2016, 01:20 PM)Quinn Wrote:  There has been an influx of spammers here on the forum recently. I apologize! They are quite bothersome. I am doing what I can to eliminate them as quickly as possible. Thank you.

I'm also doing the best thing I know as quickly and efficiently as possible... that is reporting them whenever I see them. Which is to say, a lot of them.
Quinn - Is it possible to add moderators to the section?
(11-16-2016, 02:42 AM)wardog Wrote:  Quinn - Is it possible to add moderators to the section?

You'll probably have to ask a developer or Dorvak for that - she might be the Supervisor, but I don't think she can do that without consulting other staff members!
What about that captcha at registration that I'm talking about time and time again? Seriously, sorry if it's annoying or something but it solves 95% of spambot issues before they appear.
GG WP NO RE.